Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
US$90
SleepInn
US$95
ComfortInn
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$93
US$159
US$136
1,208 results
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffet isroom servicefull servicebusiness tripuniversityfloridalobbyfootballschoolmaintenanceclosetgraduationhurricanesurgerygainsvillepet
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is is centrally located to the Stadium,museum and local restaurants. Mr. 2-Bits Bar is our favorite hang out after a football game. Friendly people and clean hotel. The rates are a tad high during graduation and football weekends...:-(

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Jennie K,
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. There are so many people who enjoy their time in 2Bits after the game or even before.
Thank you again and please remember us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had several bad experiences during my stay. Bottom line please beware and be careful. I was visiting my daughter who attends the University of Florida for Mother/Daughter Weekend. I came back from a wonderful day and night with my daughter to find that my room door that I had locked that morning was wide open and it was 1:00 AM. Of course I wouldn't enter the room alone and I immediately went downstairs to the front desk to report the problem and get help. I was told if anything was missing that I could make a police report. The clerk didn't care that my door was open. I had to insist that my room be checked for my safety before I would go back to it. During my stay I saw that it was housekeeping who regularly left guest's doors open. I could have helped myself to anything in these rooms and would no longer allow housekeeping to straighten up my room during my stay. I was also very dismayed when I saw the front desk clerk writing my credit card number on a post-it note when I was trying to make a gift purchase. I did write to Hilton Corporate who received my letter on April 8th 2014 and they didn't even have the courtesy or decency to respond to my letter.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Beth G

Dear Beth G,
Thank you for the feedback and please be assured that this issue had been addressed and corrective action taken that same day. If you wish to discuss further please feel free to reach out to me directly at tmacdonald@hiltongainesvilleuf.com, or 352.384.3416.
I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Once again we stayed at this wonderful hotel for the upteenth time and our experience is always outstanding. The employees always remember us since we've been there so many times to visit Shands Hospital at the Neuro Center for my wife that they make us feel at home. Wagih William has always been like family to us and he always makes certain that we are taken care us during our stay, specially giving us discounts and complimentary everything at the restaurant and bar. I can't say enough good things about these employees and the way they treat us. Thanks again and I will always refer anybody staying in Gainesville to stay there.

Room Tip: There's no bad room locations in this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alan C,
Thank you for the great review from your recent stay with us. Wagih is truly a great addition to the staff at the hotel and we do value him greatly. We also very much appreciate the referals.
Once again thank you and let us know when your travels bring you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed for one night in a suite at the Hilton U of Florida Gainesville and could not have been more disappointed! While the staff were friendly and helpful the room itself was in horrible condition. Beside the dirty rug and mismatched furniture, the doors didn't close properly so we had to jiggle them to make the dead-bolts close, and the lighting was so dim we felt we were sitting in a cave. The bathroom amenities didn't include mouthwash and the toilet was so low down that we had to sit like grasshoppers with our knees up by our chins. Most Hiltons I've stayed at (and I've stayed at many!) offer a USA Today Monday through Friday but this one, which is supposed to be a conference center, did not. This small detail just added to our dissatisfaction with the hotel. Even their gift shop, presumably filled with useful items you may have forgotten or run out of had one small, under-stocked carousel with aspirin or toiletries but lots of "Gator" souvenirs and candy/soda. This hotel does not in any way deserve to bear the Hilton name. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Al S
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Al S,
Thank you for the feedback from your stay with us. I am sorry about your experience and we are working on doing some upgrades to the furniture in the suite you stayed in. Once again thank you for your feedback and when your travels bring you back to Gainesville please let me know.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is located on the edge of campus and right across the street from the Shands medical center which makes it convenient for business trips. The lobby and rooms are nice. The hallways are a little run down but overall it is a decent hotel.

I was expecting a fridge in the room and didn't find one, so I ended up filling the ice bucket to keep my drink "refrigerated".

Also, the hotel does offer an airport shuttle but you have to sign-up for it in advance. (A taxi to the hotel from the airport is about $30.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Livi B,
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. Our location is very convenient for our guests that have to go to the medical center or campus. We should be addressing the hallways later this year, and we are looking at the possibility of adding some fridges to a handful of rooms.
Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Gainesville.