“Excellent customer service”

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the customer service at this hotel was phenomenal. Abdinur Abdi even went so far as to help me store some personal items during my move. With staff willing to bend over backwards to make the customer happy, they fully deserve a 5/5.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Austin A
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Austin A,
Thank you for the great feed about your recent stay and hearing about the service that Abdi provided for you. It is always great to hear about the service our associates provide and we will make sure to share your comments with him.
Once again thank you and when your travels bring you back please let us know.

Tom MacDonald

There are newer reviews for Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stay in Hilton owned properties a minimum of 9 days per month. This was easily the worst experience i've had over the past two years of stays. I travel with an African American co-worker who at checkin, was treated as if he did not exist. The female behind the desk greeted and assisted me while the other older gentlemen, looked at my coworker, then went back to whatever he was doing behind the counter.

This is the first review I've done, so I'm going to write all of the details, even though some are quite small in scope. I asked to receive my two water bottles. I was told they would be in the room, I said thank you and went upstairs. The room had burnt out light bulbs in THREE of the four lights, smelt of mildew, and low and behold...no waters other than the large $3.50 bottles that you can purchase. I called down to the front desk for TWENTY MINUTES STRAIGHT and received NO answer. I had to finally walk back down and receive my water bottles. Again, seems frivolous...however, when you spend as much money at these hotels as my company has there are certain expectations that should be met.

Which brings me to my next point...I go to these hotels for work, not pleasure. For those of you that are not gold/diamond members...do not expect free wifi from this location. There were extremely loud guests all throughout the floor. I have kids of my own so I don't mind loud kids. However, at 11:30p.m. and 2:30a.m. I do not expect children running up and down the hallways of a Hilton. At checkout, the staff was once again quite rude.

This hotel left a bad taste in my mouth. There is an ongoing issue which i've been attempting to have resolved since my stay. I've been forced to deal with the front desk employees who, just like when I was at the hotel in person, have been extremely rude and unhelpful. I've been told they would call me back since my stay four days ago, and have had zero calls up to today. Their attitudes are best described as "elitist." I will edit the post with the details as soon as this issue is "worked out."

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ben D
tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Ben D,
I very much appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail and correct the issues that are unresolved. Please feel free to reach me at tmacdonald@hiltongainesvilleuf.com, or 352.384.3416 anytime.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The location and staff at this hotel are so accommodating. Cynthia was there to help me with anything I needed and gave me a late check out time which was very helpful. I live in Gainesville and just needed a place for a couple nights before I moved into my new house and I am very happy I chose to stay here. Will definitely stay Again

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Miamijordan

Dear Miamijordan,
Thank you for the great feedback you provided about your recent stay. It was so nice to see you mention Cynthia in your review; we will make sure to share this with her. If you need to get away again please let us know, and thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Filthiest hotel I've stayed in years. Room and hallways were dirty. Also rude guest parked their cars at front door for hours. Could not unload the car except in the parking lot. Staff was excellent and the lobby was really nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Michael B,
Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I will personally make sure to convey your feedback with our housekeeping and I personally will work with them to make improvements. Thank you for the great remarks about the staff, I will make sure your comments get shared with all.
If your travels bring you back to Gainesville please let us know.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

UF Hilton is our hotel of choice every time we visit Gainesvile. It's proximity to the campus is such a time saver. Recently stayed at the hotel during UF Preview Days and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the hotel restaurant, Albert's. Front desk staff were wonderful and helped make our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: I have stayed here numerous times and in various locations on the north side. All have been quiet a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Francine M

Dear Francine M,
Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear about our guest’s stays and how much they enjoyed their trip. If there is anything that we can do for you next time you come to Gainesville please let us know.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Julia at the front desk was extremely helpful and informative. We were here for Freshman orientation for UF and as it turns out Julia is a student at UF herself, so she was able to answer any questions we had and gave tips for making the transition into college more pleasurable and less stressful. However, housekeeping didn't clean our room on one of the days we stayed there; beds weren't made and garbage wasn't taken out. Also, the underside of the bathroom seat had fecal matter on it the night we checked in, it obviously wasn't cleaned properly if at all. The second day we came back to the room the bathroom trash wasn't emptied and the bath mat was missing.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank UFGatorRaider

Dear UF GatorRaider,
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us. We do cherish any and all feedback that we receive either negative or positive. It was great to read about the service that Julia provided to you during your stay, I will make sure we share your comments with her. I have also spoken with our housekeeping team about the service issues and we have taken the necessary steps to correct the items you mentioned.
If you find your travels bring you to Gainesville again please let us know.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was very accommodating in all areas from the maintenance of the room, the eating facilities, making things right; changed food order without any problem; accommodations to and from the hospital; to the airport; all of these things were very helpful during my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Barbara A. J

Dear Barbara A.J,
Thank you for the great review about your recent stay. It was great to see that we were "Accommodating" in all areas during your recent stay.
Once again thank you for stay with us and please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to Gainesville.