“Very Reasonable!”

Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Fruitland Park, Florida
“Very Reasonable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

This hotel was perfect for us. The hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, and waffles was delicious! It was clean, well lit, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The location was easy to access from the Interstate and close to the University where we had a scheduled activity. Will most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We chose the superior king room which has a mini kitchen. GREAT! Lots of room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were greeted warmly by hotel staff who were friendly and informative. The room was very quiet, clean and well kept. The bed was nice and the shower/tub were also good. The morning breakfast was done nicely and accompanied by a selection of newspapers. The hotel is located just off I-75, convenient located to all Gainesville places as well as the University of Florida. This is an above average Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
We are glad to hear you had a very nice stay here at the Comfort Inn University. Thank you for your review
Rome, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was in the area working and I need internet service. The internet here is really really bad. I could not complete all my work due to the slow speed of the internet. It's locations is Great and the staff is Super. The AC unit had a mind of its own. I would wake up hot in the middle of the night and the AC would be on high, but the next night I may have to use all the cover. It is also best if you like breakfast that you leave a few minutes early so you can stop and get some. Will not be staying here when i'm in town for work. Maybe I would stay the night if I were passing through or there for a ball game,

Room Tip: They do still have smoking rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of management and Maintanance department and have been addressed. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regreat that we did not meet your expections.
Plymouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Always choose a Comfort Inn to stay in when we travel and have always been pleased but not with this particular hotel. Stayed here in June 2012, their rooms (2 of them) were humid and wet even with the air conditioner running. We ended up checking out but had to check back in the next day, hoping a new room would be better. NOPE, just as bad. I used the laundry room and was much more comfortable in there than in my room, obviously the air conditioning units in both rooms weren't working to dry out the air. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is essential to our future success! Unwelcome problems can always arise, but our goal is to have them addressed promptly by staff
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

We were in Gainesville visiting a friend at Shand's just this week.

Our original plan was to stay at the Holiday Inn since it was so close and I have been there before, but we were talked into the Comfort Inn because of the price and its proximity to the interstate.

I looked it up on Tripadvisor and saw the #4 rating, and I was a tad disappointed.

Checking in was great, the desk clerk was a very nice guy and had a smile on his face the whole time. We stayed in room 319. When we got into the room, we were punched in the face with the smell of mildew from our room.

I immediately ran to the A/C to turn it on to hopefully eliminate a LITTLE of the smell. It didn't.

Went to our other friends room, and it was the same room-type, and was very very clean, no mildew smell whatsoever. Must have just been a mishap.

That was the only downside.

Smokers poles at every entrance, which was nice. Breakfast was small but not bad. Everything was pretty fresh. Steak n' Shake right up the road, along with a few gas stations, and of course I-75 which was great for us since we were leaving so early.

All-in-all, I wouldn't give this hotel the #4 rating it received on TA, but I would probably give it another chance. Good staff, decent facilities, decent breakfast, good location.

Stayed 9.5 - 9.6.

Room Tip: If you have the option, don't stay in room 319 because of the mildew smell. 324 smelled fine, th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael H
Rock Island, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This place is almost perfect. The rooms are generally clean and well-appointed, and they all come with a microwave and fridge. It's priced right in the middle. Awesome! Except, not so fast because the internet is... so.... slow. Their wi-fi routers don't have much range, and even when you're connected, sometimes pages will time out. Way too slow to Skype with my kids or stream movies via Netflix. The first time I thought it was just that room, but this is the second time I've had this problem in the past 6 months. The internet is so horrible, in fact, that I won't go back.

I've stayed at a number of hotels in Gainesville, as I work for the University but live out of state and have to come to town every month or so. I'm always looking for something in the mid-range that's affordable, clean, and convenient, and am almost always disappointed. It's harder to find than you'd think -- there are a lot of cheap hotels that are gross and nice hotels that are expensive, but that sweet spot in between is tough. So it's very frustrating that their internet is so crappy. After four years of trying places out, I thought I found THE ONE. Oh well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mbbatz
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
We are glad to hear you think "This place is almost perfect". We are working on the internet speed and hope it is fixed soon. Thank you for your nice review.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I am usually very happy with the Comfort Inns I have stayed at. However, this one was a huge disappointment. Our room smelled like mildew. When I went to the the desk, the MOD, Jay Patel, told me that they were sold out. Then he proceeded to tell me that the smell was due to humidity and to turn on the AC. I guess he took me for a fool, since I live in humid Houston. The following morning, the desk clerk had the staff change the filter, which did not fix the problem. Most upsetting was that I was not offered a room change in the 4 days we stayed there, nor did the management check up on the status of the problem.
Don't waste your money on this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Melanie W
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment you experienced during your stay at our hotel last year. Your feedback is essential to our future success! Unwelcome problems can always arise, but our goal is to have them addressed promptly by staff