“Great staff and great location!”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sainte Marie de Kent NB
“Great staff and great location!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Everything you need is in walking distance, the hotel is clean staff were knowledgeable, and just an enjoyable stay. This is a pet friendly hotel. We travel every year to Florida and are never disappointed with comfort inns.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. We are thrilled that you enjoyed how convenient and close our hotel is to all the shopping centers that are on Archer Road. In addition, we are very happy that the Comfort Inn University has always and will always accommodate you and your family’s needs. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on 10-27. The lady that checked me in was friendly. The hotel seemed older but clean. I settled into my room. At bedtime I checked the bathroom closer. There was soap scum on the counter and black hair on the faucet and it appeared to not have been cleaned. I cleaned it all off. I then checked the bathtub and it had hair in it. I called the front desk to have someone come up to see the room. I then checked my bed and there were black hair strands on the white sheets. I called back and asked for clean sheets. I know I should have asked for another room at this point but I guess I was just too tired. The front desk lady came up and gave an excuse of maybe the cleaning lady had hair fall out?? I accept that a few stands could fall but this was a clear example of an uncleaned room. The next morning I noticed more hair all around the bathroom floor and toilet area. I reported this as I left and told the front desk I travel to Gainsville at least once a month but I would never stay in this hotel again. I think I am ready to stay away from ALL Choice hotels!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear leilah1,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. The feedback you provided has been shared it with our housekeeping department, and we apologize for any inconvenience that you had experienced while staying here. I personally can assure that the housekeeping staff has been informed of the issues you experienced with cleanliness to apply to all rooms that our guests will be checking into at the hotel. During your next visit to Gainesville, please let us know if we can accommodate you and your family. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Tuscon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I travel extensively for work staying at hotels 300+ days a year Choice hotels are my preference but this hotel stood out above most. Starting with the managers attention to maintenance (to me was obviously very well maintained) to the extreme friendliness of the staff. However the most important detail is hard to put into words other than to say that I felt extremely comfortable their which happens rarely. I would highly recommend this hotel and well definitely stay their again if business brings me back to the area. 5 star rating

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Joe D,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are so happy that you were pleased with our hotel’s maintenance, service, and friendliness. We hope that you continue to support the Comfort Inn University, as well as all of the other different brands Choice Hotels offers. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here using special Fall rates so price was great. Easy access to Interstate and restaurants. Clean room with microwave, small sink, and refrigerator. Door closed and
opened easily and securely. Front desk personnel very friendly. Plenty of channels on TV.
Basic average do it yourself breakfast. Good coffee 24 hours a day. Only negatives were
thin worn out bedding. Blanket had cigarette holes. Tiny coffee maker in room was missing
a part rendering it useless but coffee available in lobby. Overall good value for the price.
For really good eats drive down Archer Rd to Wal-mart and you will find Bonefish Grill
beside of Wal-mart.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear blonomad,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are very pleased to know that not only were you able to enjoy the staff service and the room, but that you also appreciated how reasonable are Fall rates are this year. In addition, we are happy that you enjoyed going to Bonefish Grill, which is very conveniently located near our hotel. We are deeply sorry however, that you experienced dissatisfaction with the bedding and sheets that were on the bed in your room. After reading this review, we had the housekeeping staff remove all sheets, linens, and comforters that have any cigarette burns in them. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. During your next visit to Gainesville, please contact me directly, (352) 264-1771 ext. 2003, so I may discount the room rate for your stay. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

florida/georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Front desk very polite - even helped my disabled GF get to the room. Got senior rate which was OK I thought - very convenient to I-75. Close to good eats. Unlimited hot water unlike at my house.
Only small negative was negative was that Breakfast rates only a "C" but a free see - you will get plenty to eat but nothing memorable.

Room Tip: 304 was close to elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear moadams,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are so happy that you were pleased with our front desk staff’s customer service and effort. We thank you for acknowledging that we are always here to help our guests whenever they are in need. We are glad that you enjoyed how close we are to 1-75 and that we always have hot water running constantly in our sinks and bathrooms. We apologize if the breakfast selection we offer, did not satisfy your needs. We will be looking into different ways to start offering other types of options for our complimentary breakfast in 2014. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great place to lay over for business or traveling.
Rooms are clean, nice and quiet
Close to Restaurants and shopping. Cracker Barrel is just down the street for a great breakfast or dinner.
Many nice places to eat. Cody's Roadhouse has great steaks and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear hootowltb,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are thrilled to here that the Comfort Inn University was able to meet your traveling needs, in regards to the clean and comfortable rooms. We are also pleased to know that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel, and how close we are to many delicious restaurants, such as Cody’s Roadhouse and Cracker Barrel. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Being greeted with choc chip cookies was so nice! The 2-room suite is great value and added space relaxing! Overall value, recommend choice privileges membership. Close to
many restaurants, good for campus visit--millers ale house also recommended.

• Stayed October 2013
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Jsa450,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. There is nothing more wonderful and fulfilling than being able to read such beautiful comments and reviews about our hotel. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful and thoughtful guests stay with us day after day. Making our guests feel both comfortable and at home at our property, is what we strive for everyday. All of the staff here are so happy that we could make your stay so enjoyable and fun. On behalf of the Comfort Inn University, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.