“Clean, safe, reasonable and a great staff”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean, safe, reasonable and a great staff”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

From the moment you pull in to the Comfort Inn, Gainesville, Florida, you feel safe and welcomed. Traveling with a pet isn't always easy, but the staff made it comfortable for my pet and I. Very clean and quiet even though it is right off the interstate. Felt safe which is important when a woman is traveling alone. No complaints only high praises. Highly recommend! Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear carol k,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. One of the best moments of the day for our staff is when we see guests check in with their pets. We love seeing guests feel at ease knowing that our hotel welcomes your furry/hairy little loved ones. In addition, we are thrilled to know that our staffs made you feel both comfortable and safe during your stay. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stay here all the time. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast area is awesome from waffles to eggs and sausage to yogurt and fresh fruit and cereal. The staff here has always made it a friendly place to stay. They do have smoking rooms on some of the floors, but the non smoking rooms do not smell of smoke.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Patten T,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. It is a real pleasure to know that you and your family truly enjoy staying at our hotel, when visiting the Gainesville area. We are delighted that everyone with you was also able to enjoy all of our breakfast selection and assortments. We appreciate the kind words about our staff’s customer service. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed here several times before with better results. The staff was as usual courteous and helpful, but the room (#214) was substandard. Not bad enough to change. After a 12 hour drive, we were beat. The bathroom was in poor shape --- grouting around tub uneven and dirty.
Bottom of outside tub discolored. Hot and cold water in tub mislabeled. Ceiling of room had patches of discolor. Bottom line -- this room needs a major redo to spruce it up. Hope this is not typical of all the rooms. Breakfast items good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Tom D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in November at the Comfort Inn University in Gainesville, FL. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for our hotel failing to exceed your expectations. We will definitely make sure that the issues mentioned are looked at closely and solved them before renting the room to another customer again. We are very pleased to hear that our front desk was both courteous and helpful, and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection as well. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Sainte Marie de Kent NB
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Everything you need is in walking distance, the hotel is clean staff were knowledgeable, and just an enjoyable stay. This is a pet friendly hotel. We travel every year to Florida and are never disappointed with comfort inns.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. We are thrilled that you enjoyed how convenient and close our hotel is to all the shopping centers that are on Archer Road. In addition, we are very happy that the Comfort Inn University has always and will always accommodate you and your family’s needs. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on 10-27. The lady that checked me in was friendly. The hotel seemed older but clean. I settled into my room. At bedtime I checked the bathroom closer. There was soap scum on the counter and black hair on the faucet and it appeared to not have been cleaned. I cleaned it all off. I then checked the bathtub and it had hair in it. I called the front desk to have someone come up to see the room. I then checked my bed and there were black hair strands on the white sheets. I called back and asked for clean sheets. I know I should have asked for another room at this point but I guess I was just too tired. The front desk lady came up and gave an excuse of maybe the cleaning lady had hair fall out?? I accept that a few stands could fall but this was a clear example of an uncleaned room. The next morning I noticed more hair all around the bathroom floor and toilet area. I reported this as I left and told the front desk I travel to Gainsville at least once a month but I would never stay in this hotel again. I think I am ready to stay away from ALL Choice hotels!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear leilah1,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. The feedback you provided has been shared it with our housekeeping department, and we apologize for any inconvenience that you had experienced while staying here. I personally can assure that the housekeeping staff has been informed of the issues you experienced with cleanliness to apply to all rooms that our guests will be checking into at the hotel. During your next visit to Gainesville, please let us know if we can accommodate you and your family. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Tuscon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I travel extensively for work staying at hotels 300+ days a year Choice hotels are my preference but this hotel stood out above most. Starting with the managers attention to maintenance (to me was obviously very well maintained) to the extreme friendliness of the staff. However the most important detail is hard to put into words other than to say that I felt extremely comfortable their which happens rarely. I would highly recommend this hotel and well definitely stay their again if business brings me back to the area. 5 star rating

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Joe D,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are so happy that you were pleased with our hotel’s maintenance, service, and friendliness. We hope that you continue to support the Comfort Inn University, as well as all of the other different brands Choice Hotels offers. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here using special Fall rates so price was great. Easy access to Interstate and restaurants. Clean room with microwave, small sink, and refrigerator. Door closed and
opened easily and securely. Front desk personnel very friendly. Plenty of channels on TV.
Basic average do it yourself breakfast. Good coffee 24 hours a day. Only negatives were
thin worn out bedding. Blanket had cigarette holes. Tiny coffee maker in room was missing
a part rendering it useless but coffee available in lobby. Overall good value for the price.
For really good eats drive down Archer Rd to Wal-mart and you will find Bonefish Grill
beside of Wal-mart.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear blonomad,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are very pleased to know that not only were you able to enjoy the staff service and the room, but that you also appreciated how reasonable are Fall rates are this year. In addition, we are happy that you enjoyed going to Bonefish Grill, which is very conveniently located near our hotel. We are deeply sorry however, that you experienced dissatisfaction with the bedding and sheets that were on the bed in your room. After reading this review, we had the housekeeping staff remove all sheets, linens, and comforters that have any cigarette burns in them. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. During your next visit to Gainesville, please contact me directly, (352) 264-1771 ext. 2003, so I may discount the room rate for your stay. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.