“Excellent Location, Clean Property, Friendly Staff”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were here (family of 5) for the Gator/Georgia Southern game (Gator loss). Hotel is in an excellent area of Gainesville, location only a few miles from UF campus. Rooms are basic, but nice and clean and we had a non-smoking. Yes, I saw a few details from the "traveler photos", but that did not deter me, since I figure the trip adivsor picture takers' house, probably isn't much cleaner (details). As my dad said, "Don't sweat the little stuff" and he was right. Petty, petty. Anyway, carpets throughout the property were clean, there were no distinct smells and rooms were the same. Beds were doubles, and comfortable for a Comfort Inn. Breakfast was the basic cereal, waffle, juice, coffee, etc. No complaints here. And coffee was available 24/7 and very good. THANKS !!! And don't forget the afternoon/evening cookies. Hot from the oven. Hotel property is within 2 miles of the campus, including Wally World, Target, Publix, McDonald's and a host of great restaurants. A plus, is that a several of the local restaurants will discount your meal, showing your hotel card. What a deal. We will definitely stay again, and maybe get to see the Gators WIN ONE! I know its not in 2013 ! LOL !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear pensacolamark,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. We appreciate your kind words about how you enjoyed our hotel’s complimentary hot breakfast and 24/7 coffee. I personally enjoyed reading what you said about how your father used to say “Don’t Sweat the small stuff.” We are very fortunate to have guests like yourself, who truly appreciate our hotel as whole. Hopefully, the next time you and your family come to visit, the Gators will actually win a football game. We can only hope for the best in 2014. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

From the moment you pull in to the Comfort Inn, Gainesville, Florida, you feel safe and welcomed. Traveling with a pet isn't always easy, but the staff made it comfortable for my pet and I. Very clean and quiet even though it is right off the interstate. Felt safe which is important when a woman is traveling alone. No complaints only high praises. Highly recommend! Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear carol k,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. One of the best moments of the day for our staff is when we see guests check in with their pets. We love seeing guests feel at ease knowing that our hotel welcomes your furry/hairy little loved ones. In addition, we are thrilled to know that our staffs made you feel both comfortable and safe during your stay. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stay here all the time. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast area is awesome from waffles to eggs and sausage to yogurt and fresh fruit and cereal. The staff here has always made it a friendly place to stay. They do have smoking rooms on some of the floors, but the non smoking rooms do not smell of smoke.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Patten T,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. It is a real pleasure to know that you and your family truly enjoy staying at our hotel, when visiting the Gainesville area. We are delighted that everyone with you was also able to enjoy all of our breakfast selection and assortments. We appreciate the kind words about our staff’s customer service. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We have stayed here several times before with better results. The staff was as usual courteous and helpful, but the room (#214) was substandard. Not bad enough to change. After a 12 hour drive, we were beat. The bathroom was in poor shape --- grouting around tub uneven and dirty.
Bottom of outside tub discolored. Hot and cold water in tub mislabeled. Ceiling of room had patches of discolor. Bottom line -- this room needs a major redo to spruce it up. Hope this is not typical of all the rooms. Breakfast items good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Tom D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in November at the Comfort Inn University in Gainesville, FL. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for our hotel failing to exceed your expectations. We will definitely make sure that the issues mentioned are looked at closely and solved them before renting the room to another customer again. We are very pleased to hear that our front desk was both courteous and helpful, and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection as well. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Everything you need is in walking distance, the hotel is clean staff were knowledgeable, and just an enjoyable stay. This is a pet friendly hotel. We travel every year to Florida and are never disappointed with comfort inns.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in November. We are thrilled that you enjoyed how convenient and close our hotel is to all the shopping centers that are on Archer Road. In addition, we are very happy that the Comfort Inn University has always and will always accommodate you and your family’s needs. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on 10-27. The lady that checked me in was friendly. The hotel seemed older but clean. I settled into my room. At bedtime I checked the bathroom closer. There was soap scum on the counter and black hair on the faucet and it appeared to not have been cleaned. I cleaned it all off. I then checked the bathtub and it had hair in it. I called the front desk to have someone come up to see the room. I then checked my bed and there were black hair strands on the white sheets. I called back and asked for clean sheets. I know I should have asked for another room at this point but I guess I was just too tired. The front desk lady came up and gave an excuse of maybe the cleaning lady had hair fall out?? I accept that a few stands could fall but this was a clear example of an uncleaned room. The next morning I noticed more hair all around the bathroom floor and toilet area. I reported this as I left and told the front desk I travel to Gainsville at least once a month but I would never stay in this hotel again. I think I am ready to stay away from ALL Choice hotels!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear leilah1,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. The feedback you provided has been shared it with our housekeeping department, and we apologize for any inconvenience that you had experienced while staying here. I personally can assure that the housekeeping staff has been informed of the issues you experienced with cleanliness to apply to all rooms that our guests will be checking into at the hotel. During your next visit to Gainesville, please let us know if we can accommodate you and your family. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I travel extensively for work staying at hotels 300+ days a year Choice hotels are my preference but this hotel stood out above most. Starting with the managers attention to maintenance (to me was obviously very well maintained) to the extreme friendliness of the staff. However the most important detail is hard to put into words other than to say that I felt extremely comfortable their which happens rarely. I would highly recommend this hotel and well definitely stay their again if business brings me back to the area. 5 star rating

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joe D,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in October. We are so happy that you were pleased with our hotel’s maintenance, service, and friendliness. We hope that you continue to support the Comfort Inn University, as well as all of the other different brands Choice Hotels offers. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.