“Amazingly helpful Staff”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My stay was due to rather not so happy reasons, my mom had been sent to the North Florida hospital, so I had to come to G'ville a bit. I didn't stay at the hotel my first stay but I wish I did. They were amazing, just lovely people. The rooms were very nice and clean, I appreciate that, I've been to a lot of hotels and some not as clean, for the price. I had one room without my pet and the other with and they were both clean and very nice. I once stayed at another hotel were the pet friendly room smelled. Not this 1, it was a bit smaller but it was just as nice as the other and it was on the ground floor. Everyone was helpful, even when I had to stay an extra night and get another room for a family member. The breakfast was wonderful, you have to eat the biscuits and gravey....to die for! The pool is small, but very nice and they provided plenty of towels. When I go back I will stay at this hotel, the manger and all the staff down to the housekeeping was wonderful and made my stay so wonderful even under the circumstances. The price was good and fair, there are other hotels near by, very near by, but if you want a stay that you feel safe and comfy and "at home", then you should come to the comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This comfort inn is avarage in appearance and somewhat outdated but the staff are very helpful, friendly and on the ball. Our room was adequate and comfortable but the bathroom needs some updating. A reconditioning of the room is needed to receive a higher rating. Breakfast was fine and the price was reasonable. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

VERY pleasant and accommodating staff. Called another place. $10 cheaper but based on 6th sense I paid the extra $10 and stayed here and couldn't be happier. Large spacious room for 4 adult women. Very comfortable. Wonderful showers. Small kitchenette. Everything spotless. Well worth the extra money. Nice deluxe continental breakfact with I nice dining area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing!! I have never stayed somewhere where the staff treats you more like friends and family then guest. Tiffany is awesome! If more hotels had a manager like Jay then they would be in pretty good shape (: deff coming back every time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Only stopped in here as was getting to late to drive on home. Would have loved one of the 2 bedroom suites but not available here. Still the rooms were nice and staff was friendly. Bed was higher at foot than at head by about 4 inches in room 200 but still comfortable. Pillows didn't seem the same as other comfort inns but still very nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

After a long day's drive, we stopped in Gainesville to find a room for the night. We inquired at 4 different hotels until we stopped at the Comfort Inn, which was considerably cheaper than the others. This is a very nice hotel. The room was very clean and the breakfast was more than adequate. All the employees were pleasant and helpful. Especially helpful were Arianna and Jay. My wife left her purse at the breakfast area, which was found by another guest who turned it in to the front desk. Jay called our room and said he had my wife's purse. Arianna handed it to my wife when we arrived at the front desk. I never take such kindness for granted; these are excellent employees deserving of special recognition.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

On our way home my dad, grandmother and I stopped for the night at Comfort Inn. Excellent service from front desk and friendly workers. Room was adequate space for 4 people with 2 full sized beds. Bathroom and shower had nice space & Nice continental breakfast with eggs, sausage, gravy & biscuits, fruit, pancakes, danish, cereal, etc. I would stay here agian or at Comfort Inn Suites in general.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family