“Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. Tiffany was very sweet. They are pet friendly. The breakfast was awesome. They provide a lot of pillows! If we ever come back this way, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn S

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for one night in July while visiting UF, paying around $90 (advance booking). The hotel was about 10-12 minutes from the University, near a Target and other shopping and chain restaurants. I found the hotel to be very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was right next to the highway but I wasn't bothered by the noise, others might need to request a room not on the interstate side. Access was from the interior only and felt safe. The breakfast was adequate, the staff were friendly and efficient. The facilities are aging but clean. We will be repeat visitors over the next four years. Go Gators!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I traveled to Gainesville for nearby church program. We typically stay at Comfort Inns or other Choice Hotels. we stayed four nights. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with a king size bed and costs were reasonable for being close to I-75 and downtown Gainesville. The room amenities were nice with a small kitchen sink along with the fridge and microwave. The room carpet was fairly updated. The bathroom could use some minor touch ups, but was adequate. WiFi worked well when we needed internet access. The AC functioned well by the window with a digital thermostat to easily set the desired room temperature. We had a room that faced the front of the hotel and away from I-75. It was quiet for the most part. The morning breakfast was typical With scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle machine, breads, yogurt and cereals. Fruit was available, but could have been a little fresher for bananas. It was tasty overall.
We would stay here again if passing through.

Room Tip: Choose room at front of hotel facing east if you want to avoid any I-75 road noise.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had an emergency at home, had water in my home and no AC . I needed a pet friendly, local hotel. I called several and they charged $25 and up to bring a pet. I finally called the Comfort Inn in Gainesville, Florida. I had a room, king size bed, clean and a full breakfast menu every day. Tiffany was so nice and accommodating when I called. The rates were the best and the room and amenities were great! If you are staying overnight in Gainesville I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn.

1  Thank Joyce D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in June. Upon arriving very early in the day I took a chance to see if we could check in since we would be at the hospital for the remainder of the day. The desk clerk was very friendly and understanding. He said "sure" where you would you like to have your room. I said the quietest possible and that is exactly what we got! The room was ready and clean. The decor was up to date and the bedding was comfortable. The breakfast was ample and hot. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stay here each time we come to Gainesville. During Gator baseball season that adds up quickly. We enjoy the staff, Ariana and Andrew are usually on when we arrive. They treat us like extended family. During our last visit we pulled into the driveway and Ariana had our room ready by the time I walked into the lobby, including a special request this time for a specific type of room. A all of the staff is friendly and competent. The facility is very well kept and maintained and all of the staff members are focused on customer satisfaction.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Gainesville Florida area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Amazing! We were surprised by the value of this room! Huge king bed with pull out sofa! Refrigerator and microwave of course! Our room was very clean and fresh! Staff was very helpful and had knowledge of the area! Breakfast was great ! Waffles, eggs and toast were on the menu much better than fast food!

We will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business