I am not picky when it comes to hotels. As long as the room is clean and comfortable, I am happy. Unfortunately, I can’t say that about the Comfort Inn West. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is the excellent rate we got on our room. We got a two bedroom Jacuzzi suite for $89 a night.
Now the bad part, the room smelled awful. It had this old musty smell. The only thing you could do on the phone was call the Front Desk. I decided to take a bath in the Jacuzzi. I noticed after I filled it up that there was this blue chemical color in the water. It even smelt like the chemical they clean the counters with. There was even this crust that appeared on the outside of the tub. Evidently, they cleaned the tub but failed to rinse it.
The Front Desk was not very helpful; they were talking with co workers and never seemed to pay much attention to us when we were checking in/out. My friend slept in the bedroom with the King Size bed while I slept on the pull out sofa. The pull out sofa looked big but was very small. I am 5 ‘7 and my feet hung off the bed.
The only good part about the Comfort Inn was the breakfast. It had fresh waffles that you could make. It had a waffle iron and pre portioned batter. They had bread, cereal, and other items. Not to bad for a free breakfast. The hotel was located directly off 75. I faced towards the front of the hotel which does not face towards the highway. But, I did have friends who faced the highway and they said it was quite noisy.
To wrap things up, the Comfort Inn is ok to stay one night. They do have good rates. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the newly renovated Comfort Inn, located conveniently near I-75 & Archer Road (Exit 384)- this premier location provides quick access to the University of Florida, UF Health & Shands, VA Hospital, Shopping and Restaurants. Our 100% Non-Smoking hotel offers complimentary hot breakfast, free internet, pet friendly designated rooms, and complimentary shuttle service for your convenience. The modern amenities and service will make your visit to Gainesville a great experience whether you are visiting family, the award winning healthcare facilities, attending sporting events and the many reasons that bring you to Gainesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn West Hotel Gainesville
- Comfort Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Comfort Inn
- West Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn University Gainesville, Florida