“Not Terrible, but not Excellent!”

Comfort Inn University
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not Terrible, but not Excellent!”
Reviewed 13 August 2004

I am not picky when it comes to hotels. As long as the room is clean and comfortable, I am happy. Unfortunately, I can’t say that about the Comfort Inn West. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is the excellent rate we got on our room. We got a two bedroom Jacuzzi suite for $89 a night.

Now the bad part, the room smelled awful. It had this old musty smell. The only thing you could do on the phone was call the Front Desk. I decided to take a bath in the Jacuzzi. I noticed after I filled it up that there was this blue chemical color in the water. It even smelt like the chemical they clean the counters with. There was even this crust that appeared on the outside of the tub. Evidently, they cleaned the tub but failed to rinse it.

The Front Desk was not very helpful; they were talking with co workers and never seemed to pay much attention to us when we were checking in/out. My friend slept in the bedroom with the King Size bed while I slept on the pull out sofa. The pull out sofa looked big but was very small. I am 5 ‘7 and my feet hung off the bed.

The only good part about the Comfort Inn was the breakfast. It had fresh waffles that you could make. It had a waffle iron and pre portioned batter. They had bread, cereal, and other items. Not to bad for a free breakfast. The hotel was located directly off 75. I faced towards the front of the hotel which does not face towards the highway. But, I did have friends who faced the highway and they said it was quite noisy.

To wrap things up, the Comfort Inn is ok to stay one night. They do have good rates. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 September 2003

Comfort Inn West is an awesome hotel! Our first night in Gainesville, we opted for the ::cheaper:: competition. However, we were thoroughly disappointed. The next night, we decided to try our luck next door.
This hotel was a polar opposite to its neighbor. It was clean, new, and all of the amenities were included. The rooms were great and we got an excellent night's sleep. The staff was friendly and courteous, the pool was warm, and the free continental breakfast that we received was outstanding. There wasn't even a real price difference once you figure in the additional cost for breakfast versus the continental breakfast at Comfort. I would recommend this hotel above all others.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member