Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
US$309
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$195
Quality Inn(Gainesville)
US$134
QualityInn
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$89
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
US$356
TripAdvisor
All reviewscracker barrel next doorroom was cleangas stationspent two nightsfree breakfastconvenient locationyogurtthe breakfast areaother hotelsflat screen tvvery nice stayfirst floorthe staff was friendly and helpfulfootball weekendshands hospitallobbyinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Like many parents, we went up to move our child out of her dorm. It also happened to be Graduation weekend and Gainesville Hotels were sold out. I felt pretty lucky to get a room at a okay rate for the weekend. I did have to take a double room instead of a King to get the okay rate as they added extra charges to book a King.

Since I am a Priority Club Member I had asked for a quite room away from the Highway. I was given room 301 which overlooks the highway but the desk girl told me the road noise would be minimal. I should have known right then since there were two people ahead of me fighting to switch out their rooms what I was in for.

The room it self was very average in appearance and everything seemed clean. It was the bathroom that was the horror.

I went in to the bathroom, which has the toilet and shower together with the sink out in the main room and looked into the shower at what looked like to me to be a puddle of vomit in the white tub. Well upon closer inspection it was rust spots that had formed a big puddle shape because there was no enamel left on the tub in that section. I went to move the shower curtain back in place but we realized the shower rod was falling out of the wall and the shower curtain was torn. I pulled a towel off the rack and noticed it too was rusty and was starting to come out of the wall ( Now remember there are no Hotel rooms left in Gainesville at this point)

So we decided to just tough it out as it was at least clean. We did end up with water all over the floor after our showers and a puddle of water formed in the tub and stayed right in the same spot as the rust (which explains the rust) since the shower was poorly sloped.

The other thing about this hotel room is the ac in the room turns all the way off when it cycles and then comes back on with a loud noise which woke me up every time. It didn't matter what setting you used it was all the same. So the desk girl was right, who could hear the road noise with the ac turning on and off all night.

The Hotel does have free WIFI, Parking and an Okay hot breakfast but my other complaint is they put the smoking rooms on the first floor and the whole hallway reeked of cigarettes as you are walking to get your breakfast, yum. ( We took the stairs since the elevator is sooo slow)

When we went to check out, we had filled out a comment card with all of these problems and handed it to the girl on duty. She looked at it and asked did you get a bill under your door? I said no and she looked at our room and said okay you prepaid, all set. Have a good day.

This will be a last resort hotel as I said it is at least clean and the location is good.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room not on the highway they might honor your request.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear sflgatormom,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Katie J
Case Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2012

The coupon I had was dismissed out of hand....I understand that there is an availability clause, but a little bit of tact could have been used. We stayed because of previous Holiday Inn Express experiences. Not sure if we got the senior rate and they never asked for my priority club card. Got a room on the fourth floor, took some luggage up and then went for supper. By the time we got back, the elevator was out of service..."repairman on his way should be fixed in a couple of hours". So up the stairs we went .....we're seniors and I have a heart condition, so it was a bit of a struggle with the last of our luggage. At 9:30pm I phoned the front desk to see if the elevator was fixed and was told that it would be out of order until a part could be obtained...a couple of days. If we wanted to find another hotel tonight, they wouldn't charge us for the room.....kind of late to start looking for a new hotel. So, most of the complimentary services that they bragged about....such as coffee and cookies or computer use, etc were on the main floor, and not worth the effort of climbing back up the stairs. We did get one girl to help us down the stairs with some luggage the next morning. At the front desk the women working there seemed more concerned with each other than us checking out and seemed upset that we paid cash rather than on our credit card. No apology for the elevator, no discount, no thank you for staying.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear Jim W,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience the elevator outage caused. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed in Gainsviile, less than two hours from Orlando, for the night prior to our rental house being available outside of Orlando. The Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located just off the 384 exit ramp and next door to a Cracker Barrel.
The staff is super nice and helpful and the hotel is very nice. There is a nice size outdoor, heated swimming pool and a fitness center adjacent to the pool. The Holiday Inn Express hotels always offer a breakfast buffet including eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, cereals, yogurt, breakfast breads, coffee, juices etc.
Loved this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stopped at this hotel for the night to have dinner with friends on our way to Port Charlotte for a week or so. Our room was clean and fresh and very restful.It isn't a new hotel for we were here in 2007 and it was really nice then. The are Military friendly and the staff is very helpful... we will stay there again..

Room Tip: Call ahead & make reservations.. girls softball teams were staying there when we arrived.. yet even so it was very quiet..
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel, because we had had a great experience at a Holiday Inn Express in Starkville, MS while traveling with our pet yorkie. However, this hotel was not as pet friendly. They choose to place all people who book with a pet in a smoking room. Since when does owning a dog make you also a smoker? When asked about this, the front desk clerk stated that the "owner's wife" feels that if someone has allergies to cigarette smoke, then they probably have an allergy to pets so they like to keep all of the "allergens" in the same rooms. You have got to be kidding me. We would have left is we would have not lost our $123.00 fee for that night. Actually, I should bill them for the bottle of BCBG perfume I had to spray in the room to make it bearable to just breathe. We will NOT be back.

Room Tip: Stay away...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kskennedy2000
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear kskennedy2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,