“Quiet Location”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Gainesville for an overnight stay and was delightfully impressed. Hotel is tucked away behind a Cracker Barrel and is several hundred yards from the interstate. As a result it is a quiet location. On arrival I noticed the parking lot was well lit and the hotel looked fresh. The hotel staff greeted us as we entered and since we had reservations the registration was already done. Basically the staff handed us a key. The room was spacious however their was only one chair in the room making it difficult for both of us to relax before bedtime. We both found the bed very comfortable something that has proven difficult at other hotels. The comfort level of the rooms heating and cooling system was good as well as quiet. The bath was well appointed and clean. Overnight a statement was placed under the door and we were charged the agreed price. We chose not to eat breakfast at the hotel so I will not rate the food. Overall our experience was very positive and we will likely seek out this hotel on a return visit if we are in the area and need an overnight stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel was busy but we got a quiet nights sleep. Finding a restaurant nearby that didn't have a ridiculously long wait was more challenging and we finally resorted to take out from KFC, which was pretty good!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every time I've been to Gainesville visiting our son, never had a problem, some of the previous reviews have been excellent but this time they tried to increase my rate by $30 for one night at checkin and told me i could just go elsewhere if i didn't want to pay it. Come to find out there's a basketball game in town so they can get higher rates. The 2 employees at the front desk were RUDE and had horrible customer service skills. I went next door to the CIS who not only honored my rate but gave me some inside tips on how to report this horrible treatment!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BakerCL
TammieVaughn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me regarding this situation. The employee rate program has strict policies that we must adhere to. Please don't feel like the issues were caused by a basketball game in town, we were not sold out on Saturday evening and with the proper employee documentation there would have been no issue with you being able to check in with the employee rate.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stopped at this hotel for one night one a road trip back from Florida. We were surprised at how nice the facility is-everything was very clean and nice. Front desk staff were very friendly. Room was spacious and had a nice sitting area. Room had a mini fridge and microwave-(something that had been missing from several places we stayed in Florida to our surprise) as well as a jetted tub! That was a welcome surprise after a long day of driving..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Spent the night in Gainesville, Florida on January 1, 2014. The gentleman that made our reservations by phone was extremely pleasant. The same can be said for the young man that checked us in. The other staff at the desk were also pleasant and patient with guests that were checking in ahead of us. Our room was very comfortable. Only problem was the air didn't seem to work properly. We survived though and surprised to see the ceiling fan. Nice to have as we use ceiling fans at home at night. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The stay was tolerable, but not pleasant. My travel agent did not honor my request for a non-smoking room, so the hotel put me in their last room, which was of course smoking. I have health issues that make smoking rooms a real issue for me and the hotel offered to refund my money so I could go somewhere else, but it was graduation weekend at the University of Florida and 9 pm. Literally, no room at the inn.

The front staff let me look at the room to see if it would be okay and it was definitely a smoking room, but with a ceiling fan, window, and benedryl, I thought I'd try to make it through the night.

The room was fairly clean. Bed was comfortable. Cable TV was an issue, as 1/3 of the channels on the program guide had "no signal". WiFi was strong and the AC cold. I couldn't open the window as I hoped because the screen was broken and the AC filter needed to be changed. Lots of dust on the outside of the vent. When I left at 7 am Saturday morning, no breakfast was set out.

I get it. It's a Holiday Inn Express in a college town on graduation weekend, You can charge full rack and cut corners and people are just glad to have a room. I was there on business, not for graduation and I come to Gainesville regularly for business. I don't plan on coming back here unless I absolutely have to. It's okay for a night, but don't expect much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear David G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and beds comfortable. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the room you received may have caused and are relieved to know that our staff did their best in making your stay comfortable. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 December 2013

From the moment we stepped into the lobby we continued to be surprised. Welcome smiles and beautiful holiday decorations. The room was large with two queen beds. The bath was clean.
Breakfast had a large variety.

• Stayed: December 2013