“Smokey Room - Very Crowded - no customer service”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I arrived at this hotel and expected a clean room and reasonable customer service. When I received my room - it was a smoking room. I had not reserved a smoking room. They called and asked if everything was OK - I advised them that it wasn't - that I had reserved a non - smoking room. They said basically, tough luck - you reserved with Hotwire - and those were the consequences. I do not feel that simply because the hotel allows the rooms to be booked at a discount with Hotwire - they should be allowed to force you to take a smoking room. This is exactly what they did - be aware of Hotewire and this Holiday Inn. Very poor customer service, they should have done something to correct this.

Room Tip: Don't try and get a discount - if you pay full price - I am sure you will get a good room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Durkee1,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way home from southwest florida. Its really a nice location. its very convenient to I75 and within walking distance to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. the hotel was very clean and the staff quite friendly. We had a dog and we were able to walk around the grounds with him to give him a little exercise. Breakfast in the morning was pretty good and there was a gas station located very close by. Overall a good experience. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks. I had my sister in ICU at Shands Hospital. The staff was wonderful. Because I didn't know how long I would have to stay, they would always find a room for me even though they were booked full. They have a hot or cold breakfast and every morning I took a great cup of coffee with me to the hospital. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The check in and check out was quick. The breakfast had many options. The hotel was clean, but a little dated. The rooms were spacious. We didn't have time to use the fitness center or the pool, so I cannot comment on that. I would Definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This location is close to UF campus. Our room was quite large. The staff was very friendly and responsive. We were very pleased. And, they cookies on Sunday night. Some of the reviews said that they only had cookies during the week. We loved the oatmeal one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights for the Gatornational Races. We had room 302 which is a corner suite. Very nice size! Two queen beds with a desk area, dining table, sofa and chair and 2 TV's. Staff was helpful, Cracker Barrel next door made it easy for breakfast because the complimentary breakfast was lacking greatly! Over ripe fruit and hard muffins. We skipped it after day 1. My only complaint was the housekeepers cart. A bearing must be busted on the wheel because it was so loud and squeaky!! Woke us every morning at 8am.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear PMKphilly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise level and breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see such high scores for Service, Cleanliness, Rooms, Sleep Quality, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here with my daughter to visit University of Florida. The front desk people were extremely helpful, had us checked in quickly, handed us a map of UF and offered to shuttle us over to the University the next morning. The friendly driver was a senior at UF and encouraged questions. She handed us a card with the hotel number on it and when we were ready to get picked up, they were willing to come anywhere on campus to get us. The room was clean and comfortable, only complaint I had was that the towels felt like sandpaper. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment, we don't expect much, but the bagels sitting in a bag on the counter and unedible fruit was a just too minimal. If we come back to visit UF again I would stay here, but plan to go out to breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family