I stayed here on a recent business trip for two nights. The hotel was everything you expect from a HIE and I stay at a lot of them.
Some pros: This hotel is very close to I-75 and the university, yet manages to be at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. It's nicely decorated both outside and inside and there is plenty of parking. The staff are professional, courteous, friendly and all genuinely seem to like their jobs. Beds are newer and comfy, I had no trouble getting a good night's sleep. Rooms are quiet with little sound leakage from the nearby interstate or adjacent rooms.
A few cons: The breakfast wasn't quite up to par. The eggs and sausages were dry and the biscuits were so hard I could have used them under a tire to keep my car from rolling downhill. The coffee was hot and fresh however, and most of the rest of the breakfast was passable.
A final con, the main road (Archer, FL 24) is EXTREMELY busy in the mornings. I found that just exiting the road that the hotel is on at 7:30am took almost 20 minutes on both mornings. This is not the hotel's fault, but if you're here on a business trip or on a tight schedule, allow yourself some extra time or make your departure time earlier or later if you can.
The next time I stay in town I will stay at this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cozy and charming Holiday Inn Express Hotel Gainesville, Florida is centrally located between the Wild Adventures and Walt Disney World theme parks. Just two miles from the University of Florida, home of the Florida Gators. This charming property is conveniently located off Interstate 75 Exit 384. Special in room amenities include free high speed internet, ceiling fans, free local calls, and fresh baked cookies every Monday through Thursday evening. BUSINESS: Nationwide Insurance, Farm Bureau Insurance, Gainesville Regional Airport HOSPITALS: Shands Hospital, Veteran Administration Medical Center, North Florida Regional Medical Center UNIVERSITIES: University of Florida, Santa Fe Community College Local Attractions are Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Museum, Payne s Prairie Reserve, Hippodrome Theatre, Haile Plantation Golf Course, and Gainesville Raceway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/i-75 Sw Hotel Gainesville
- Holiday Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW Florida