“Close to everything, college, I75, but tucked out of the way and quiet.”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Close to everything, college, I75, but tucked out of the way and quiet.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here on a recent business trip for two nights. The hotel was everything you expect from a HIE and I stay at a lot of them.

Some pros: This hotel is very close to I-75 and the university, yet manages to be at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. It's nicely decorated both outside and inside and there is plenty of parking. The staff are professional, courteous, friendly and all genuinely seem to like their jobs. Beds are newer and comfy, I had no trouble getting a good night's sleep. Rooms are quiet with little sound leakage from the nearby interstate or adjacent rooms.

A few cons: The breakfast wasn't quite up to par. The eggs and sausages were dry and the biscuits were so hard I could have used them under a tire to keep my car from rolling downhill. The coffee was hot and fresh however, and most of the rest of the breakfast was passable.

A final con, the main road (Archer, FL 24) is EXTREMELY busy in the mornings. I found that just exiting the road that the hotel is on at 7:30am took almost 20 minutes on both mornings. This is not the hotel's fault, but if you're here on a business trip or on a tight schedule, allow yourself some extra time or make your departure time earlier or later if you can.

The next time I stay in town I will stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank copperdragon66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fairborn, Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed there driving down to southern Florida, when hotel we planned to stay was sold out for the night. Modern, clean hotel located right off I-75with courteous staff.- and they have a military rate for active duty and retirees. It will be our first option in future when we stop in Gainesville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurelandbetsy
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel two nights and it was very busy. But everything met my expectations including cleanliness, service, food quality, and the room was extra large. Kind of over surprised for what is expected.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Bryan P
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I arrived at this hotel and expected a clean room and reasonable customer service. When I received my room - it was a smoking room. I had not reserved a smoking room. They called and asked if everything was OK - I advised them that it wasn't - that I had reserved a non - smoking room. They said basically, tough luck - you reserved with Hotwire - and those were the consequences. I do not feel that simply because the hotel allows the rooms to be booked at a discount with Hotwire - they should be allowed to force you to take a smoking room. This is exactly what they did - be aware of Hotewire and this Holiday Inn. Very poor customer service, they should have done something to correct this.

Room Tip: Don't try and get a discount - if you pay full price - I am sure you will get a good room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Durkee1,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way home from southwest florida. Its really a nice location. its very convenient to I75 and within walking distance to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. the hotel was very clean and the staff quite friendly. We had a dog and we were able to walk around the grounds with him to give him a little exercise. Breakfast in the morning was pretty good and there was a gas station located very close by. Overall a good experience. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks. I had my sister in ICU at Shands Hospital. The staff was wonderful. Because I didn't know how long I would have to stay, they would always find a room for me even though they were booked full. They have a hot or cold breakfast and every morning I took a great cup of coffee with me to the hospital. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The check in and check out was quick. The breakfast had many options. The hotel was clean, but a little dated. The rooms were spacious. We didn't have time to use the fitness center or the pool, so I cannot comment on that. I would Definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed March 2014