“Clean and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past month. Note, I stayed a second time. The evening staff was very pleasant and more so when departing the next morning as they were still working. The room was clean, fresh and comfortible. I will continue to stay at this location when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW

Reviewed 3 November 2010

Hotel was very nice, recently upgraded , friendly workers, I forgot my phone charger, when I called I was told they would not pay the $4.00 cost to return my charger. I just got done paying $170/night for 2 nights $340 total, are you kidding me! What kind of FOOL would not eat the $4.00 fee after just making $340 on the account. I totally dont get it.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davemorrow
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed there for the UF /USF game and were disappointed. We have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express through out the country and and have been pleased. This one needs some updating. The room was musty, the mattress was hard. They had an HD TV without HD. They did not have WiFi in the room. The large screen TV downstairs was dominated by the employees that worked there during the day. I will say the grounds are nice. I have stayed in various hotels in G'ville but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Another Holiday Inn Express and pretty much the same as all the others. Tea/coffee in room, free wifi, friendly staff and an adequate breakfast. What more do you need?

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rogerslade
Reviewed 24 March 2010

When checking-in to this Holiday Inn Express one clerk was busy; a second employee was idle. After a few minutes of obviously being ignored, I asked him "Can you check me in ." He replied "Why do you think I'm standing here---because I look pretty?" I was stunned. The next morning I asked to see the manager and was told "he is out of town." I filled out the usual in-room evaluation form and did comment about the incident. Two days later I received the automatic e-mail thanking me for staying at the Gainesville Holiday Inn! All the other employees were courteous and the room was fine; however, in my decades of travel this was the worst check-in experience I ever encountered.

Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank WisconsinTasha
Reviewed 18 December 2009

On the "from" portion of our 6-day, to-from roundtrip Miami-Atlanta drive, we booked the HI Express as a refuge from bad driving conditions, terrible, rainy weather and a generally blah week of travel. It did not fail to please. Bouyant staff, lovely comfortable room and a good breakfast to get us off the next day. We've kind of developed a relationship with HI Express -- we know what to expect and are comforted when they deliver -- whch they generally do. Lo-o-ve their pillows! While my husband took to the bed with a bad head cold the minute we arrived, I sat in the lobby with my netbook, keeping occupied and surveying the business minutia of being in the hospitality business... A burned-out light in a chandelier was quickly taken care of; incoming guests -- with or without reservations, were greeted warmly. And so on, and so on. A lovely staff lady oversaw the breakfast area in the morning, and discussed the headlines in that day's USA Today. This hotel had a terrific, friendly and accomodating staff!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2009

We stayed there with a bunch of high school students and the rooms were very nice and comfy beds. Great breakfast in the morning!! Pets accepted. Very nice staff. Highly recommended,

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business