“Loved the place”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Gainesville, Florida
“Loved the place”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I had to stay here for a few days until the lease with my apartment got started and I was very happy with the service provided. The rooms were clean and in excellent shape. The bathrooms were well maintained. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room as well as the free WiFi which we made use of. The manager was very helpful and went out of his way to give us a drop to our apartment which we appreciate a lot. Definitely a place I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Had to booked here because there were no other hotels in Gainesville (graduation weekend). We got there at 12, and even though hotel was obviously empty they didn't want us to check in or at least use a room to change. Graduation was at 2. We spent most of the day out just because of the looks of the hotel. I definitively didnt want to be in the room. Bathroom: no comments...just imagine that I refused to take a shower there. Toilet: I waited to use the toilet in the restaurants when we went to eat. Walls had holes, a small roach crawl on the bathrrom counter. I slept with my clothes on and didn't use their sheets or covers. One inch dust on the furniture, TV, telephone, etc. I left as aearly I could the next morning. Like I said before: I'd rather sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kfzaldivarw
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
I am more surprised to read this experience guest states as nothing matches what guest has said in that. It makes me wonder is the guest talking about our hotel. Talking to our staff, certainly, I can not find a guest who had this experience on August 4-5 Graduation. We advertise proudly clean and well maintained rooms and none of my room has inch of dust on any furniture, phone etc and you will not find a hole in any room we rent.The look of the hotel is on the website and it is not misrepresented but the guest is judging the hotel from the look without going into room. Even if the guest is right, we have staff 24 hours on hand and all it takes is one call to report your problem and we take care of it as soon as possible or we move the guest. If guest do not want to stay,we do not charge. But guest did not come to desk even, it seems.Our ranking on tripadvisor speaks for our hotel.It is old but Gold.
New Delhi
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I am all praise for this place when I say this is the "Best Value" for your money and time. It is located a convenient walk from many convenience stores, pizzas and eateries. Exterior is welcoming and interiors are clean and well done. Beds are comfy and u have high speed internet access. Pool is right outside as u step out from ur room.

The feather in the cap is manager Mr. Mike Patel who is caring and considerate in all matters. He even dropped me at my destination where I had to board ground transport for my airport.

I will recommend this place for all persons who want a neat and clean place with a cosy bathroom and all amenities.

Room Tip: Call Mike and tell him what u want.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank IndianPrinceNewDelhi
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We booked this room for the Gatornationals based on the other tripadvisor reviews and the daily price. Boy were we surprised! This is an older style open air single floor motel. Exterior is definitely dated, and the interior has been somewhat updated. Average cleanliness, although walls could have been scrubbed better and bathroom would have loved some TLC. A bit skimpy on the "extras"...only two towels, no coffee maker, no iron, no breakfast, only access to a bulk soap dispenser. While I wasn't completely assured of my safety as a single woman staying alone, the area seemed OK for a family or couple. I didn't see any bugs, but neighbors reported some bugs which I suppose could be expected for a room this style. Staff is very friendly though so the entire stay wasn't a bust. I don't recommend this for someone on a nice vacation, but someone strapped for cash or in need of a cheap crash pad for events, this isn't a bad choice.

• Stayed March 2011
6 Thank LaurelBiztraveler
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 25 December 2010

The hotel cleanliness, quality and service where nice. The rooms where cleaned every morning. I lived for 3 days and was satisfied with the hotel rates and location. Definitely recommend this hotel as its cheap and good.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I recommend this wonderful location to anyone who has to stay in Gainesville, Florida. Manager Mike is incredible and courteous. He and his staff made me feel welcome from the moment I emailed him months ago to set up our stay. My husband had open heart surgery at Shands Hospital. This location is just around the corner--easy access with very little traffic. Each day when I came back to my room it was spotless. It is very quiet here. I was here a whole week; and I always felt safe and very comfortable.
I felt like I was never alone, knowing Mike was at the desk!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 24 December 2010
I am so humbled knowing that your stay was very good and we were able to look after your stay
in all areas.Although, we try harder, sometime we fail to satisfy our guests but we want you to know that service is our business and i am glad we ranked good during your stay. I hope your husband is doing well and our best wishes for both of yours well being. We were delighted to
serve you and we sincerely appreciate you taking time and share your opinion with us and many other travellers who read this review and use us. Thanks again for your stay and time.As we approach the new year, my staff and I wish you and yours a very happy,healthy and progressive 2011.
Brandon Florida 33511
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We have been staying at Gainesville's American Best Value Inn for over 10 years during both fooball and basketball seasons. The rate is the best in town, with good ameniities. Staff members are friendly. The site is minutes from the Univeristy of Florida campus. The facilities are clean , air conditioning cold , with heat in the winter. The pool is very large with area for game tailgaters. Easy access from I-75, just a few miles to S.W 13th Street, and lesss than a mile from UF campus. All ground floor rooms. Park at your room door. Comfortable clean beds. You'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple