“Great Price”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Had a pleasant stay. Quiet and clean with a very attentive staff. Would recommend for those looking for good value for a reasonable price. Good location to downtown, Shands, the VA and the University of Florida. Close to many good eateries.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to let us know that you liked our great location
close to VA and Shands hospital, downtown as well as UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA with
our most reasonably priced clean and quiet rooms. We are glad to know that you liked our proximity to some good eating places. Thank you again for your stay and hope to serve your needs again.

MP, Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed on our way to Key West on vacation, cheap, quiet so ok for the night. Then we got a call we had forgot one of our credit cards in our room. Were very impressed with the staff and told them how much we appreciated their call and that we would definitely stop and stay there on our way back North. That was on Friday May 31st, today June 5th we were notified by our credit card company that some one had and was trying to use the card. So much for honesty, we will pursue criminal charges along with our credit card co.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindi M
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to let us know about your stay. We are glad you liked our affordable price and a quiet room/ location. We were glad that we found your credit card and were able to inform you. You also indicated that someone tried to use the card but
was not clear whether it was from my hotel or where. .I have been managing this hotel for last 16 years and so far I am proud to say that there has not been a single incident so far of misuse of
guest's card.I left a message to talk to you to find out before I respond to you, yet I have not heard. If it is my staff, I like to know that right away so it help us to take appropriate steps. If not,
the review is not speaking correctly about my property and that part should be removed. I look forward to hear from you to make it right. Thank you again for your time.
General Manager, Mike

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I selected this hotel because it was the lowest price for the dates I wanted. It's old but was clean. The desk person was very efficient and helpful. I had asked for a "quiet" location and she recommended that I do a $4 upgrade to a king bed located in the front of the building. It was a quiet location except for abougt 30 minutes of yelling by the couple in the next room when they arrived. Interesting because the next night they did the same thing when they arrived. The location is near the University if that is where you need to be. If it's just an overnight stop, you may want to be out near the Interstate and save a couple of miles.

Room Tip: King room in front is a quieter location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JOHN G
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time and let us know your experience. I am thrilled to know that
you liked our affordable price,good location near UF and efficient staff. I am glad that it was quiet
location except a noisy neighbor. we wish you would have informed our desk and we would have requested them. We strive hard to keep our guest happy and hope you will try us again. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Simple and functional. No BS. 20 min walk to UF. CVS and Dollar General right there. Adam's Rib, Sawamura Steak, Chinese and Thai buffet right there. Texaco right there. IHOP and adult supercenter down the street on 13th. What more do you want? Seriously. Go Gators! :)

Room Tip: King Bedrooms have the better TVs. Mike and Shilpa are great. Don't be stupid. Reserve here a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know that our hotel is simple but good
and you liked our convenient location with great value and near to 24 hr. CVS, dollar general store, and some restaurants in walking distance.
Our staff strive hard to give good service and value providing clean rooms and i am
glad that you had that experience. I look forward to serve your needs again soon.Thank you
again for your valued opinion.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The rooms were dated but decent, and had a fridge and microwave which was nice. But, I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and was greeted by a dead roach. Aside from the rooms and convenient location to UF, the area itself seems very sketchy. We pulled up at night, and felt like we were about to be the subjects in a bad horror movie, where bad things always happen in motels. Had it not been late when we arrived, and had we not had to get up early, we would have tried to get a refund and looked for a place to stay where we felt more safe.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 986StephanieM
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your stay and your opinion.I am glad you like our location near UF and refrigerator and microwaves in our rooms I am so sorry to learn that our routine pest treatment activity prior to your arrival caused discomfort by dead pest. Our property has well maintained clean rooms with affordable price and many of our guests likes our price.yes, we will be planning to update our tvs to flat panel and some furniture. When I saw you painted this area sketchy and unsafe,it made me feel ,did you stay at this property, as our record for the area and this hotel itself speaks for it.Our night staff is female and walks to their place of residence.we have about 16 flood lights lighting the place and staff for 24 hours.Sorry you felt that way but glad that your stay was safe.Actually,from what we all see happening around different cities,it is tough to call any area very safe.Thank you again for review. MP, General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Pretty good place. A little outdated, but clean rooms. Check in was quick and easy. Good location, close to most everything you could want. No clock. No coffee pot or hair dryer, not a major problem. The carpet is dirty enough to make you feet black enough to leave footprints in the shower. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adak C
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know that you liked our hotel
having clean rooms with great location close to many needed items for guest's stay. We are a budget friendly hotel and while keeping room rent affordable, we do not have coffee makers and iron in the room, however we have coffee in the lobby at 6am until 930am and iron, ironing board
and hair dryer available in the lobby which our guests have enjoyed.Being exterior hotel, we have
found that we have to shampoo room carpet often as they get tracked by guest waliking with shoes and in some cases we see them walking bare footed going to get ice etc. Thank you again
for your valued input which help us to keep our place in acceptable condition.I was glad to know, you will stay with us again.Looking forward to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Great value, clean, large rooms, hot water, refrigerator, microwave..... everything I need. Inexpensive.....provides customer the basics.... I do not want fancy.... good bed, coffee in the morning, clean room, friendly staff......

Not all ameica best value inns are the same.... problem with choice hotels as well..... but this one was great..... if you want to stay at the hampton inn, hilton hotels, they are very consistent, but you pay twice or three times as much for the daily rate.... I am cheap, so I do not need to pay $150 a night for a 10 hour hotel stay.... Under $50 for gainesville america best value inn...great value !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ken c
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how pleased you were about your stay. I
am thrilled to know that you liked our affordable price with clean room having refrigerator and
microwave, good hot shower with comfortable bed. I, as a manager take pride in providing
the basics of our guest's stay and many guest likes that. Our morning coffee is also appreciated with limited variety of readily available snacks. Again thanks for the kind remarks and I look forward to serving you in future with same or better stay.