“Simple, Roomy & Courteous”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, the room had a fridge, microwave, and a couch, and cable on a nice flat screen tv. The pool was clear and refreshing. Just can't beat this price, and the location is great for anything on the southside of town. Right next to the hospital too.

Room Tip: The corner room I was in had a whole row of windows to let the sun shine in :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your stay and valued time to give us feedback of your stay. we are glad that you liked our location close to hospital Many(many of our guests like our prices and location with ground floor), spacious room with fridge, microwave, sofa and flat panel tv with clean pool. Our staff is trained to provide friendly service all the times and I am glad that your experience was same .I like to inform you that only selected rooms have flat panel tv or sofa. We will be soon having flat panel tv in some more rooms.

Mike Patel
General manager

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights and had a great experience. The woman at the front desk was very kind and check in was a breeze. The decor is dated, so don't expect anything modern, but the room is very, very clean. There was also a big sparking clean pool! I would (and probably will) stay here again.

If you're looking for something cheap and clean, look no further.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for your stay. We appreciate your time to let us know that you had a great experience of your two night stay. I am glad that you found our staff services to meet your expectations and you found our room very very clean and that is what we take pride on. Our motto is to provide clean room with affordable prices with no surprises. We hope to serve your
and other guest's need in future.

Mike P
general manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for an Archery Tournament. A bit out dated, but exceptionally clean. Fridge and microwave in our room. Bathroom clean, linens clean. Called front desk for extra towels, delivered in less than 2 minutes. Friendly front desk. Will stay again...oh beds quite comfortable..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

DEAR Suzie S,
Thank you for staying with us and we are thrilled to know that you have been pleased with your stay. So sorry that you found few things outdated as it takes time to update the room. Just to let you know that flat panel TV, new artwork, Some furniture, Bed linen are the items we will be working on. However, we are glad that you enjoyed our clean room, ref/microwave, comfortable beds ,friendly staff. . Thanks for your valuable time and we hope to serve your needs in future.

Mike Patel, GM

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here 3 nights when visiting the University of Florida, and although the location was right near the heart of gainesville and in a great location, the location and cheap price were the ONLY things that made it worth staying there. The quality was very poor.. I would rename this place America's WORST value inn if I could. The only thing making the value worth an "average" rating was because of how cheap it was for us to stay here. I guess being the cheapest place in town we would expect the poor quality that came with it. My fiance and I spend minimal time in the hotel room when we travel.. basically just to sleep and shower so we could care less about the appearance of the room, but roaches are another story. After finding multiple roaches in our room on night #1, I spoke to the manager over the phone from our room and I was yelled and screamed at with a very nasty attitude.. as if it was MY fault the hotel has roaches in it! She explained that he roaches are really smart.. smarter than some humans even. I guess this was supposed to justify why they came in our room. She said they must have walked in when we opened the door. Honestly, I didn't even mind the roaches nearly as much as I minded being talked down to and disrespected by the woman who calls herself the manager, when I respectfully complained about something that I think justifies a complaint. We stuck it out through the night (which consisted of me finding another roach every time I woke up throughout the night!) and then switched rooms the next day. The room they placed us in was a downgrade.. much smaller (which we didn't care about because we were barely there) but the TV was missing the power button and they didn't even clean our room while we were gone. They were supposed to provide a complimentary "breakfast" which consisted of snacks (hey better than nothing).. but every morning they were all gone by the time we got there. If you don't mind roaches and just need a good deal in a good location.. I say go for it. Otherwise.... pass on staying here and find something that actually has the "best value" it advertises.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sammwehman
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and I am so sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience
with pest problem and staff attitude who was not the MANAGER. II WAS OUT FOR 2 WEEKS and came back and saw your review and tried to contact you and has not heard from you.We take pride in providing affordable,clean room and friendly service and my staff offered you to switch the room but the same type of room was not available and next morning different front desk staff had same situation but still changed the room.Only difference was it was slightly smaller room.She asked you repeatedly whehter the room was ok,including when you checked out and there was no mention from you. On the breakfast, we clearly mention coffee and snacks and they are there between 6am to 930am and you were there after that to find no breakfast. We even go out of way to provide the same after 930 when asked by guest.Also want to inform you that we have outside pest control services and they come every month to service the property and when issues reported, they are called in to come immediately. Once again,I am sorry for the problem and assure you that neither my staff or myself as a Manager will have bad attitude.Hope to serve you again,i would respectfully ask you to change the title of the review to read staff attitude rather than Manager's attitude. General Manager, Mike Patel.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The carpet was worn out as was everything else in room.
Stained mattress.
It looked like toe nail clippings and garbage on the carpet.
Sound of vacuuming {hardly likely} or a motor running all night.
Unsafe,sketchy people {well for a run down un -kept place guess that's clientele.
For 58 dollars a night???

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear LilRun Away,
Thank you for your comments and stay if you stayed at our property located at 1900 s.w 13th st.I am extremly sorry to learn that you found the room filthy and your discription you gave
do not match to our property and if you stayed here, we have 24 hour staff on duty and if you had
informed our staff about your noise from outside (it looks like from what is said)and hard to believe dirty room, you could have got refund or change of room. When our guest do not take advantage of our services and write concerns that do not help our guest or to our management. Whether it was our property or the other ABVI in town, I am once again sorry for the situation and hope to serve you again to prove we are not what you said.As I was Out, after i came back,I tried to contact you but did not here from you.
General Manger,
Mike Patel

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Comfy beds, comfy room...ah it's nice.

Even got to see a guy get his butt tased! :D

The toilet keeps running, however. I guess it's afraid of me lol :3 Never want to leave the bed it's so comfy.

Will defiantly come back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking your valuable time to let us know that you
enjoyed your stay. We are so glad that you liked our comfortable bed, location , value and cleanliness of our rooms. Hope to serve you again.

General Manager, MP

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Close to everything but two mornings in a row no hot water.Complained to the desk but was told it would be fixed.NOT well I guess for the price what can you expect.At least it had a refrigerator but that didn't work either.I wont stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we sincerely regret that you did not have hot water during your stay.This kind of problem can come anytime, anywhere but the key part is to address
and get it corrected promptly and in this case,although it was weekend,the repairman was called in and found that the part needed to be ordered and while we did order, we offered our guests
the room with hot water in other building which runs with different hot water heater and some guests took advantage of it.You were offered this choice and to change the room as well but
may be for reasons, that rout was not elected by you.Even after I saw this review,I emailed you to call me, so that I can discuss with you the corrections for this inconveniency and I have not heard from you, yet. We take pride in providing good service and to prove that I offer you to stay with us again and the first night will be on us as long as you call us in advance. Thank you for sharing your experience.
General manager, MP