“One stop layover”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
“One stop layover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

Very good beds, clean room, no traffic noise, reasonable rates.
A very good stopover for my wife & me.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

Great personnel, very friendly and very helpful. Hotel is in very good conditions and the rooms were really clean and good cold A/C. The staff was very helpful and courteous. I was even notofied at home when I left something in my room and they were very gracious to mail it back to me.
We traveled with a large group and it was very convenient and fun-filled for us. Having your car right outside your hotel room door is definitely a plus!
Best Value Inn can count on us returning to them when we visit Gainesville.
GO GATORS!!!

• Stayed October 2009
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

I had read the negative reviews for the hotel so I was a bit nervous before arriving. We came for Gator homecoming weekend and liked the fact that this location was within walking distance to the stadium. Our room was very clean and had a fridge and microwave. Also had a fantasitc shower! The staff was very friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby to choose from and walk to. We parked our car for the weekend and walked everywhere so the location was fantastic. We felt safe the entire time and there is someone in the office 24 hours a day if you need ANYTHING..... We will always stay here in the future for football games. Thank you for a great weekend! Go Gators!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
stuart, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

I spend about two nights a week at this motel. It is clean and comfortable and the staff is very helpful to me with my special scheduling requirements. The wireless internet service is a plus.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Apopka Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

I have used this Hotel several times over the last few years, it is very close to Shands Hospital. It is now and has been on each stay, cleaner than hotels that charge much more. On each stay the staff has been very courteous, polite and service oriented. The pool is very clean and quiet. I would recommend this hotel over all others in the Gainesville area. It is a motor lodge style hotel, but clean, quiet and nice. A great deal for the price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2008

I booked two rooms for two nights for a Florida Gators football weekend. Paid in advance through Orbitz, which I will never do again.

I did not expect the Ritz, but did expect a safe, clean property. I knew that we were in trouble when the desk clerk checked out the TV remotes to make sure she got them back when we checked out.

The property is very shabby on the outside with scary clientele walking the parking lot, and the rooms were worse. They both stunk of cigarettes and stale beer and god knows what other kinds of fluids. The sheets were threadbare and had hair on them. This is the first time I have ever been to a hotel where the soap and shampoo is in a dispenser bolted to the walls. There were dead insects on one of the windowsills. We turned back in the remotes and told the desk clerk to cancel our reservation.

Thank goodness we found another hotel that had a late cancellation. I called Orbitz the following Monday to request a refund for for the prepaid reservation at ABVI. Orbitz really could not care less and basically said it was up to the hotel to agree to a refund. They got someone on the phone from the hotel who said that I would need to speak with the manager and that he would be in the following morning.

I called back as requested the next morning and then the story changed. The manager was now "out of the country" and would not be available to discuss my issue for about two weeks. The clerk did promise to credit me for one-half of the total reservation, and said I could speak to the manager upon his return about a full refund. I sent a confirming letter to her to this effect and copied ABVI Customer Service in Coral Springs, FL.

Surprise, surprise, I did not receive even a partial refund. So, I disputed the Orbitz charge with American Express and after several weeks AmEx reversed the charge for the whole amount (Thank you, AmEx!!). According to AmEx, Orbitz did not submit any information in response to my dispute.

I would have forgotten about the whole sorry episode had that been the end of it. But today, I received a notice in the mail from a collection agency seeking to collect about half of the total reservation. I will never book anything again through Orbitz and would rather sleep in my car than stay at America's Best Value Inn the next time I am in Gainesville, FL.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank Gatorator
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2008

This motel is a very good value for your money. It has a microwave and fridge in the rooms, it is clean and comfortable, and the pool is sparkling clean. It is an older motel, but is very clean and the rooms are well appointed. There is a clerk on duty at the desk 24/7. This motel is very conscientious of the needs of visitors, as many visitors are there for the nearby hospitals.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Clean Room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple