Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
US$103
US$90
SleepInn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$109
US$95
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Gator Town Inn(Gainesville)
US$122
US$97
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$110
All reviewshardwood floorsroom was cleana pet friendly hotelper nightwould definitely stay here againcontinental breakfastfront desk staffstayed one nightnon smokingfirst floorking suitechecking inarcher roadconvenient locationshands hospitalmonicaalexis
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was our first stay at a Red Roof Inn and we were pleasantly surprised.

We picked the hotel for its pet friendly policy and the nightly rate. The online reservation process (on Red Roof's website) was quick and straightforward (with a very customer friendly cancellation policy).

The front desk receptionist was very efficient and professional. She pointed out the optional $1.50 safe (insurance?) fee that is added to the bill (unless the guest asks to be removed, at checkout). Question for Red Roof corporate: what's up with that? :-)

Rooms are spacious and, as advertised, newly renovated. Minor complaint: although new, the windows A/C unit is somewhat noisy, even on the low fan setting.

Notice for those of you than cannot function without a cup of joe as the first thing in the morning: you need to get it (free) from the lobby, there is no coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: 1. Rooms facing north east (away from the highway) are very quiet 2. Check the Florida Gators schedule: hotel rates are higher when the Gators play their home games.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Custas,

Thank you so much for giving us opportunity to serve you and sharing your experience with others. It is so wonderful to hear the positive reviews from the first time guests. We will continuously work hard to exceed your expectation. We hope to serve you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Never thought I would pick a Red Roof but it is very modern and clean and great value compared tothe adjacent Marriotts and Hilton's. Very friendly staff who focus on good service and are always helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for East side away from pool and highway if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Pambarry,

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Gainesville and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are so happy to hear that our staff was very friendly, helpful and focused on great customer service. Providing the best value with the cleanest room is our daily focus. We hope to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is definitely one of of the best hotels in Gainesville for the price/ value. I paid less than $65 with tax for a superior king room with the Florida Resident Discount online- great deal. It was on the fourth floor, very clean, had a flat screen tv, wood laminate floors, and a nicely updated bathroom with a cool sink/ granite countertop. Cannot be beat for the price and they accept pets for free! There was absolutely NO smell at all in the room (not even an overpowering cleaning smell). Also, the cleaning lady and both front desk people were very nice. I have stayed here one other time and will continue to do so while in Gainesville. While they do have coffee/ tea every morning, the only thing they are missing is breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway. We had one facing the road in front of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank goldstein2749
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear goldstein2749,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that you loved our superior king room and enjoyed your stay. Providing the cleanest rooms with the best value is our on-going efforts. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Love the stay. I had found reasonable rate. Comfortable room, our dog love the comfort of the floor. They was nice and cool. The desk clerk was a friendly young lady, she also call the room to see if everything was appropriate.

Room Tip: Quite, clean, quality.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waltergj2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear waltergj2012,

We are so happy to hear that your dog loved the wood floor. It is always extra special to receive a feedback from the satisfied guests. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. Hope to have another chance to serve you and your dog in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before so I was not sure what to expect from this stay. I had found reasonable rate on a few travel websites, but I went to Red Roof Inn’s booking page and got a slightly better rate which I stacked with a Florida Resident Discount and a coupon code for 20% off and I got the room for $65 per night out the door.

The first thing that impressed me about Red Roof Inn’s booking process is that the online reservation was an actual reservation, not a purchase disguised as a reservation. I did not pay for the room until I arrived onsite at 5 PM. The next thing that impressed me was the fact that there was a cancelation time as late as 8 PM (awesome!).

So I walked into the lobby it was obviously clean and well remodeled. There were two clerks working the front desk who were each checking people in. I was talking to a clerk in less than two minutes. The hotel had all the reservations laid out on a desk so it took all of three minutes for her to check me in. At the end of the process they even handed me a bottle of water for being a member of their rewards program. Both clerks working the front desk were friendly and inviting.

After check-in we went up to our room which had two full beds. The first thing that I noticed was the solid laminate floor throughout the room. It looks beautiful and just helps the room ‘feel clean’ and kept the room clean during our stay. I also noticed that the hotel used carpet tile as a carpet tile rug around the beds very nice. The room was stocked with basically amnesties (disposable cups, soap, shampoo), but no pens or notepads.

One of the first things I did in getting settled was to take a shower. This created my first surprise, as I removed the towel from the towel bar the towel bar fell off the wall with a loud clang. The next thing is I turned the shower on to ‘hot’ to never get any hot water. I waited and waited and still no hot water. I turned the handle to ‘cold’ for a few moments thinking the valve was installed backwards still not hot water. This hotel has at least 3 gas hot water heaters and at 5 PM there is no load, but no hot water. I needed a shower so I took a cold shower (felt very awake). Later in the evening we were preparing a bath for our daughter I kept the water on the cold side for a bit longer and finally got hot water. Please note the shower valve in room 430 is installed backwards.
I reported the problems to guest services in the hope that they will resolve these problems in the future. Surprisingly about 2 hours after we checked in we received a call from the front desk to make sure that everything was okay with the room. I relayed the shower incident.

The beds were comfortable and consisted of sheets, blanket, and comforter. All the linens were clean and fresh and there were NO SIGNS OF BED BUGS (we looked). The pillows are a little flat, I did not get around to asking for more pillows, but a third pillow on each bed would have been nice, or pillows with more fill.

The only two suggestions I would have for this hotel is first, please introduce a continental breakfast. You have the room (literally your coffee room). Second, set your room rates one two person occupancy, charging $5 for a second person in a two bed room (or a King Suite for that matter) is a silly and risks running off potential clientele.
To conclude this review I will say Red Roof Inn’s reservation system is excellent, their staff in Gainesville is friendly and attentive, the rooms are clean and newly remodeled, and their rewards program records room preferences so you get the type of room you want. I have never stayed at Red Roof Inn until now, but I will certainly take a look at these hotels in the future. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are nice, and I always ask for a top floor roof for the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A S

Dear A S,

We are so thrilled to have the first opportunity to serve you at Red Roof Inn and so thankful for your wonderful review. Thank you for sharing your satisfied experience with other travelers and recognizing our staff. Reviews like yours always give us a big smile on our face. Hope to welcome you back soon!