“Pleasant surprise when I needed somewhere to crash!”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Pleasant surprise when I needed somewhere to crash!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We drove from Tampa to a see show in Gainesville and got a little too hammered so we decided to get a cheap room to sleep it off and head home the next morning. I was just expecting a sketchy dingy little room for the price we were planning to pay. We were greeted by the NICEST, sweetest hotel employee I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. (Ms. Carol Griffin rules!!) The room was bright, happy, and spotless, and smelled very clean without that bleached-everything-to-kingdom-come" scent. Although we were there for less than 10 hours, we had a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Lindsay B,

It is so wonderful to read your review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and recognizing Ms. Carol. We are so glad to hear that we have exceeded your expectation. Providing the best value and service is our ongoing efforts. We hope to serve you again in the future.

352-336-3311

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I feel like I've got a good deal with the superior king room. Checking in was done in 2 minutes, and everything was consistent with the reservation. The room looked nice, and smell nice, and also was very confortablen and modern. Monica at the front desk was nice and acomodating. I will be staying at this hotel when I visit Gainesville next time.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

We are so glad to hear that you loved our superior king room. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. It is our effort to make every guest feel at home and comfortable. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

New Florence, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Red roof Inn 257 in Gainesville, FL is a super clean hotel with very friendly staff. Two staff Members that were exceptional include Alexis and Monica who were very friendly and helpful. My husband and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gretchen M,

Thank you so much for sharing. We are so happy to hear that you found our facility to be super clean and friendly. Thank you for recognizing our staff member Monica and Alexis. I will share your comment with the rest of our team. We hope to serve your family again in near future.

Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stay at this Red Roof Inn each year on Business. This is our 4th or 5th year here. I will not stay anywhere else except at this Red Roof Inn while I'm in Gainesville. The Staff is helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, accomodating. The room is always fresh, clean, well stocked with towels and amenities. The hotel rooms are quiet, too. Nothing is ever out of sorts. You should stay here!!!

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what your needs are and you will be accomodated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BarbaraV349
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear BarbaraV349,

Thank you for sharing your experience and being a loyal guest to Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. It is always wonderful to hear a positive review from our guests. We will work harder to exceed your expectation on your next stay. See you soon!

Barrington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the nicest Red Roof Inn that I have stayed at. Team member Ramir made this a perfect stay. This Red Roof is in a very nice location, close to Interstate 75, it is beautiful hotel and it
is pet friendly and non smoking. I was delighted with my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank shopnero
Dear shopnero,

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing team member Ramir. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. We hope to delight you again on your next visit.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I recently spent a week in this hotel and would recommend it 100%.
I suffer from severe allergy problems and when I informed the girl who checked me in, Monica, she went out of her way to make sure I felt comfortable and that I had everything I needed. Monica is a very caring, courteous and responsible person who shows excellent public relations and goes that extra mile to make hotel guests feel at home! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michie L
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Michie L,

Thank you so much for recognizing our team member Monica. We are so happy to hear that Monica made you feel at home. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family. We hope to welcome you back soon.

florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

this hotel was a delight! the first thing that I do is check 3 different websites for their reviewers opinions, and cleanliness is the most important review for me..as well as bugs, etc..well, this hotel was perfect! We have to go to Gainesville Fl to the VA and it is easier to spend the night when you have early morning appts..well, we took our dog and this place is amazingly clean. It has been remodeled, and has hardwood floors, new beds, new paint...very clean. The only issue was NO breakfast!! not even a donut! oh well, McDonalds is just up the street as well as waffle house, and dunkin donuts. Don't hesitate to stay here especially with pets, AND if you are a Florida resident, you get a huge discount! We paid $56 for a king size room with microwave and frig...can't beat that!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krklnd1
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear krklnd,

We are so happy to hear that we did exceed your expectation. Thank you for recognizing the hard work of our housekeeping staff. It always makes us do a better job. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with others and hope to surprise you again in the future.