“Looks clean but beware, you will go home with fleas!”

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We traveled to Gainsville for our neice's college graduation last weekend with our two children and our 10 pound dog. The hotel appears nicely maintained and the staff is friendly. The problem is that the hotel is infested with fleas. They were jumping on us in our room and out by the pool. Our dog has never had a flea and now we are spending a fortune trying to get them off of her and out of our home. We were supposed to stay two nights but ended up leaving early. Never again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ddbttravel
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Ddbttravel,

I apologize for the experience that you had at our inn the comfort of our guests is our top priority and I apologize that we did not have a chance to address this while you were at the property but after speaking to you after you posted the review and brought this to our attention we have had the room inspected by a third party to make sure there is nothing in the room to leave another guest with this impression. We hope you allow us a chance to have the complete experience of friendly service and comfort we offer the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while traveling because it seemed to be the best value for a pet friendly hotel. It turned out to be a very nice place to stay. The room was clean with no evidence of previous pet guests. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The only negative was that they automatically charge $1.50 fee for the safe and I did not catch it on the receipt until we were home the next day. Overall a good experience and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
1  Thank G8RRPh
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear G8RRPh,

Thank you so much for sharing. We are so glad to hear that you and your four legged family member enjoyed the stay at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. Red roof inn is pet friendly chain and pet stays free. We are 100% committed to the safety and security of our guests. Offering in room safe service at an optional fee to our guests allows us to preserve the excellent value of our room rates. Please let us know if you were billed for the safe but did not use it. Every request to remove the fee will be honored without question. Again, thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

For the price paid (about $65 / night) this is a great value for Gainesville. Hotel is comparable to all the others in town including the Marriotts, Hiltons etc but at almost $50 cheaper per night. The only thing you don't get is a mediocre free breakfast. Hotel was very clean, parking easy and staff friendly. I was granted a late checkout which I really appreciated. There are no super nice hotels in Gainesville, but the Red Roof is a great value for the money paid.

1  Thank raincheck10

Dear raincheck10,

We really appreciate you taking the time and writing a review regarding your recent stay. We also appreciate your kind words about Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. Reviews like yours always give us extra motivation to do a better job. We cannot wait to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were in town for one night, this was the best value and really well cared for and clean. We were in a suite, two rooms separated by french doors, two different tvs which worked well. Sofa bed was comfortable too. The bathroom was renovated and chic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear onthecorner,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent visit with us. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our suite and recognized our recent renovation. Providing the best value and clean rooms are our ongoing efforts. We cannot wait to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for the second time this year for three nights last week. Clean rooms and a friendly staff each time. You can walk to Publix supermarket and several restaurants. Interstate 75 is very close so ask for a room that does not face the highway. My only complaint is that their billing statement automatically includes a charge for a safe. The charge is supposed to be removed if you do not use the safe which happened the first time we stayed but not the second time. I had to call them to remove the charge. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter and avoid facing the Interstate.

Dear Bob M,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We also thank you for your recommendation and recognizing the value and cleanliness of the hotel. We will continuously work hard to provide an excellent service. It was our pleasure to serve you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We consistently stay at this Red Roof Inn every time we are in Gainesville because of the new upgrades, cleanliness, pet-friendliness, and courteous staff. They truly go out of their way to make sure we feel right at home. On each occasion that we have visited, Monica at the front desk has taken great care of us and made sure we felt at home. She even recognizes us each time and addresses us by name- she should be commended for her superior customer service! The beds are always very comfortable! The only thing they are still missing is a continental breakfast, but I understand that you can't have everything for such a low price! Hint: Ask for the UF/ Shands rate (usually around $55/ night which can't be beat for the cleanliness and upgrades).

Room Tip: Top floor rooms away from the highway are quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear goldstein2749,

Thank you so much for being our loyal customer to Red Roof Inn Gainesville and writing a review about our facility and staff. We are so humbled by your praise and recommendation. It is so wonderful to hear that you really enjoy our upgraded renovation and superior customer service. I am very proud of Monica and the rest of the staff who continuously work hard to deliver superior service and clean rooms. It is our hope to delight you again in near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is my first review - ever. I stayed at RRI as a second choice because my usual hotel was full. I visit family several times a year. I had read about the new renovation, and any not so good reviews seemed to be before that time. So I decided to give it a try. Here's what I liked:
*The newly renovated rooms are clean, modern and nice. Laminate floors were a nice touch.
*Bathroom was very clean.
*Cleaning staff was excellent.
*Staff at front desk were very helpful and always friendly.
*It was very quiet at night and morning and I could tell that it was pretty full. I was not there during the day.
*Price was SO right!
*I stayed a week so I had plenty of time to experience the hotel, and I have to say that for the price I was extremely pleased!

Personally, the only thing I would like (and not many even care) is to have CNBC as a regular channel. I would think this would appeal to the business traveler as well.

CB

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Charly1010,

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to serve you and recognizing our facility and the staff. We are so glad to hear that we have created an extremely pleasant experience during your stay. I will make sure share your feedback with the rest of my team and I am so thrilled to inform you about the exciting change we have made since your last visit. YES, we have upgraded our TV system. We do have CNBC, now and all of TV channels are HD. We hope that you get to experience our new upgrade in near future.