Rodeway Inn
US$309
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$195
Quality Inn(Gainesville)
US$134
QualityInn
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$89
Courtyard Gainesville(Gainesville)
US$356
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed here Fri and Sat night this past weekend. What a mistake. DON"T STAY HERE!!!!! Here's a list of issues in no specific order:
- Horrible Wi-Fi more people logged in the slower it went and they can't have 60 5ooms..
- Phone was broke
- TV was broke
-1st service cvall placed after waiting 40 minutes to check in...
- 2 roomates I didn't invite (See pic)
- Toilet didn't flush
- 2nd service call placed after being there 1 1/2 hours... (
- A/C was lous till I fixed it, no need for 3rd service call
- Service guy was nice (Only bright spot)
- $125 a night, R U Kidin me???????
- Door squeeked everytime opened or closed

DON"T STAY HERE.... PERIOD!!!!

Room Tip: There isn't one
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank George S
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a review for the QUALITY INN at 3455 S.W. WILLISTON ROAD in Gainesville, right off I-75 at Exit #382 (rather than QUALITY INN UNIVERSITY), which does not show up on the TRIP ADVISOR list.

Having stayed at numerous CHOICE HOTELS properties throughout the country, this was one of our worst experiences. The A/C had a plastic deflector, which blasted all the air right onto the beds, and there was no way to re-direct the air flow, Sure, you could shut the A/C off completely, but then the room would get stuffy in just a few minutes.

In addition, soundproofing in the room was inadequate. You could clearly hear people speaking in the neighboring rooms even though they weren't talking very loud. The maintenance person admitted toi me that the walls were barebone, so to speak.

Last, but not least, the breakfast choices were the worst and most minimal I have seen in any Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, or Choice Inn in years.

Convenient I-75 location but not worth the price in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank George52_11
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Spent one night here on our way to Florida. The location was good as it was right off I-75 but that did make it rather noisy during the night. The room was average and maybe not quite as attractive as it might have been. It looked like previous water damage on the ceiling in the bathroom left stains that needed repainting. The room had a very strong perfumed smell that I found hard to live with. Turning on the AC only helped a little so I mentioned it to the desk clerk. She arranged for an "ozone" machine to be brought to the room. After that ran for about an hour, the room smell was fine. This hotel was obviously understaffed on the night we were there and the clerks did their best to handle things, but it was just too much for them. When we came down at 8am for a breakfast that was supposed to last unitl 9, the coffee, milk and juice were all in need of refilling. The front desk clerk was trying to attend to both the desk and the breakfast in addtion to taking care of the breakfast at the Rodeway across the parking lot, just too much for one person. If you really need a room for the night this will work, but don't expect any more than an average stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed for one night during a Gators football weekend, so of course the rates were higher, but overall I was satisfied with my visit at this no-frills, budget hotel. The room was clean, the TV worked, (except for the remote), lots of cable channels, the A/C was in good working order and the shower was nice and hot. Plenty of hot water, for that matter...I was impressed.

Complimentary breakfast is offered, too. It's meager, but they also let me partake across the parking lot at the Quality Inn...shhh!) Try to get a room away from the highway, if possible. If you get stuck on the highway side like I did, just keep the A/C going and you won't hear any noise.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My power was knocked out for two days - over graduation weekend - so I stayed at Rodeway Inn, which was the only place with available rooms that was still affordable (most hotels doubled their prices because of UF graduation). The room was cute and it actually had good shower pressure. The deadbolt was loose, but I felt safe in the area. Enjoyed the pool. Staff at the front desk were very sweet and helpful. We stayed two nights but they sent towels and made our beds, which was nice. Breakfast was not replenished regularly but it was fine for the value. Not the fanciest hotel but it's cheap.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple