“Great Corks!”
Review of Half Cork'd - CLOSED

Half Cork'd
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: "Premium wine, beer and bubbles bar".
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Such a great find and what a cool idea for wine samplings. Before I went I wasn't much for the idea of wine being "dispensed" in my glass, however upon going and experiencing it was great fun with my girlfriends. I would say it's in the category of "boutique wine bar", great for small gatherings and girls night out. Upscale with simple yet shique decor, quite a few wine selections priced low to high in the whites and reds, however they have a very simple and small selection for appetizers/tapas. To purchase wine from the "taps", you purchase a $5 wine card and then add your amount to that, then go to each dispenser and choose which wines you'd like to try. You can really try some great wines from different regions at a fraction of the price of buying a whole glass elsewhere. Check it out!

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Half cork,'d has a very knowledgeable staff and they are very friendly. They are in a great location. Parking is quite easy & it's a nice place to view downtown Gainesville. They have been included in some events downtown & you can sit down there.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stopped in at 10pm on a Tuesday night and was pleasantly surprised that the staff didn't want to close down and go home. They have a very nice selection of wines that you can purchase by the taste, 1/2 pour or full pour. You purchase a card with a specific dollar value, and meander around the shop/bar and taste as many different wines as you like. It was also a bonus to find that it was ladies night and the first glass of wine was on the manager. Nice treat!!! We had a baked brie appetizer with fruit that was also very good. The manager was very knowledgable about the wine stocked and was very friendly. A lot of fun.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I have season tickets to the Hipp and had walked by Half Cork'd a dozen times before finally deciding to stop in and check it out. We are SO glad we did! I love the self-serve concept, and that there's not a snobby sommelier looking down at you if you make the "wrong" choice. I have tasted wines that I never would have tried before, and the great thing is, if I find one that's too dry, I can pop over to another dispenser and (gasp!) mix in a sweeter vintage so I haven't wasted my money on a glass of wine I won't drink, as has been the case in restaurants before. Staff has always been helpful and courteous to us, and when we have ordered appetizers or munches, they are fresh, delicious and played attractively. The best part for us is going after a play and relaxing on their outside porch to people watch...always interesting, though the inside is decorated nicely and very well-kept. And even while sitting outside, staff will come and ask if we need anything. We love this place!!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Whether you're looking for a great date spot, a good place to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while, a place to start or end a girls' night out, or even somewhere to go with family or business acquaintances, Half Cork'd is your place. They have several great seating areas for relaxing in privacy and the music is never too loud- two things that make for great conversations. On top of that, the self-serve wine machines are not only incredibly practical for those of us who are wine newbies, but they really are fun! I've found several of my new favorite wines at Half Cork'd, and I never would have known about them or tried them if they hadn't been in the machines. Two other things that I LOVE at HC- the infused liquors (pineapple is awesome) and the mustard cheese on the cheese plate- SO GOOD. Definitely one of my favorite spots; I have never had a bad experience there!