“One of the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Naples, Florida
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

While visiting one of my friends in Gainesville she insisted we stop by Genghis Grill... and we ended up going back for dinner again the next day. It was SO GOOD.
There are only about four of these restaurants in Florida that I could find online and none of them are by me in SW FL, so I'd never had it before. The raw ingredients are all right there for you with a wide variety; there's chicken, steak tips (personal favorite), calamari, all sorts of fish, pork, etc. You pick your own veggies, spices, sauces, and rice or noodles, all of which they have a great selection. They cook it there for you on a big flat grill and their method of cleaning it is setting it ablaze, which is so cool to watch. The tea was tasty as well! I always get the smaller bowl since I'm a smaller person but most people should get the larger bowl for only a little extra in price.
They have large servings but it's still pretty pricy. It's more of an event than casual dining, but it's worth it. The servers were nice and they ask you if you've been there in order to help better explain the setup, and even the chefs were amiable. I'm definitely going there any time I'm in a town with a Genghis Grill.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Becca D

Tampa, Florida
“Helfpul TIps for Genghis Grill Gainesville”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've been coming to GV for years and seen this place but never stopped in - until recently. Here are some tips to help you
1) Location: On Archer Road about a mile off i75; on the north side, next to Cody's
2) Concept - it's a build your own wok style place - basically you go in, get either a large or small bowl, then fill it with your choice of meat, veggies, and spices and then give it to a wok master who cooks it, then they bring it to your table. I was a bit concerned about all the raw meat just sitting out on the buffet line but since they later cooked it and I didn't get sick I guess it wasn't an issue
3) Seating - you can sit inside or out, plenty of seating
4) lunch specials are available
5) Food - I enjoyed my meal and wish I had chosen the bigger bowl vs the smaller one because it was so good. I felt like the food (at least what I chose) was a healthy meal option and it was really tasty
6) service - friendly
7) atmosphere - this was the only downside; there just wasn't a lot of life or atmosphere to speak of inside. It was kind of dead during the weekday lunch hour when I was there and seemed too bland inside like a cafeteria or something. I wanted a bit for going on. just a bit boring.

Bottom line - I would definitely return for the food.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank thehelpfuldad
Gainesville, FL
“Interesting concept”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We like the concept in this restaurant. We usually don't like buffet style that much for hygienic reasons but in this place, things are cooked AFTER you choose from the buffet so the hygiene factor is less of an issue. The way I see it here, if you don't like your food, you made the wrong choices. You pick all ingredients and seasonings so no one else to blame I guess. It is not the best place ever but it is good enough for a quick meal out above fast food category.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Good fresh food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is. Great concept. The ingredients seemed fresh and I got to add things to my bowl that I don't keep at home, such as baby corn. The sauce was delicious too.

Visited July 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Just the way I like it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

So much fun to choose your own ingredients and sauces, then have someone else cook it. Like to have lunch here at least once a month.

Visited February 2013