“Better than Moe's”

Add it.
Willy's Mexicana Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I went to Willy's by myself while running errands along Archer Road. I love Mexican/Latin American food - black beans, rice, spicy chicken mixed with veggies, cheese and salsa is always good.
I had the adobe chicken burrito and enjoyed every bit of it. I find the flavors and freshness of the ingredients superior to Moe's.

I have returned several times with the family and everyone, from my spice-avoiding husband to my spice-crazed by very picky son, has always enjoyed their meal.

2  Thank csutter4747

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Learned from a friend to go early or late to avoid the peak mealtime crowds. That was the only downer, aside from the fragile tortilla chips.
Have found that the food here, if you make it alive driving on RestRantRoad, is fresh, well seasoned, perfectly cooked and generously served. Much better than Moe.s or Chipotle.
Service is friendly and fast. Really like that you can get and mix the salsas to your personal taste and heat level.
Place is clean and the prices are not bad.
A great place for an early lunch when in the area.

9  Thank rnbfrancis1
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Attractive and fun feeling. I ordered nachos. The chips were almost tissue thin--impossible to pick one up without it falling apart. Not too long the thin chips were a soggy mess. And they were very pricey I wouldn't eat there again

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Made-to-order burritos, salads, nachos, with lots of options. Love their tortilla soup and salad combination, and the cheese dip is amazing. Best guacamole in Gainesville!

4  Thank sankoji
Reviewed 13 March 2013

After seeing a review on television, we decided to try on a recent visit to Gainesville. It is similar to Moe's. And like Moe's, it is pricey.

The chips were stale. The taco/burrito meat was tough. We got one burrito, one taco, some queso dip and 2 drinks. $23.00 That is ok if it was good. It wasn't.

Didn't like at all.