“Good Food”

Ranked #37 of 584 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: Sometimes the big game can be more fun when you're out of the sun. Come to the Gators Den and cheer the Gators on to victory. We are your Fall Football Headquarters! With a TV at every table, you'll have a front row seat to your favorite team on game day! Why is Gators Den a Local Favorite? Ice-cold beers & special cocktails Mouthwatering steaks & burgers Wings & more for game time Nine large-screen TVs Great place to watch Gator Football Table-side personal televisions In addition to the full bar, we also serve up a fine selection of tasty appetizers and entrees at amazing prices. Discover why so many make Gators Den their top local spot to unwind. Gators Den is Where Gainesville Watches the Big Games In a space with room enough for 60 patrons, the Gators Den Sports Grill features nine large-screen televisions and eleven table-side personal televisions.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had great food and good service nice but small watched red sox play as we had dinner,service was wonderful our server knew we were exhausted and needed to get some sleep so she expedited our order,nothing but good things to say

There are newer reviews for Gators Den Sports Grill

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel bar is tucked away from the "main drag" of Gainesville, so I wonder if we received such mediocre service because we're not regulars. We were there for our fantasy football draft, and for the first half-hour there was no service - there appeared to be confusion over who was helping our group. I finally went to the bar to see if I could get a beer, and sat there for quite some time being ignored. In fact, another member of my group, a man, came up after me, and was served almost immediately. I gave up and sat back down, never having gotten even eye contact from either of the two women behind the bar. About half-way through our time there, we finally got a regular server, and she did her best for us. Granted, we were a large group (but we called ahead and were assured this would be okay) and were there for "business" so we weren't the best of customers, to be fair. I gave our server a fair tip (a little over 20%) because she was friendly, patient with us, and did a great job. But I won't be coming back - this was our second year doing our draft there and it wasn't good last year, either. I'm not in charge of choosing the location, but I'm pretty sure we'll be choosing another place for our draft next year -- there are bars and restaurants that advertise as wanting fantasy football business.

2  Thank gonoles95
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Service was just ok, but the food was stellar. I had the black sea dish twice. Scallops and shrimp over white pasta and and tomatoes. I highly recommend. The best seafood pasta I have ever eaten. I'm from Missouri and only eat seafood while near an ocean. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Located at the Best Western Plus Gateway Grand, Gainesville, Fl.Exit 390, semi truck parking too.The pub has excellent dinner served evenings at 5 p.m. Just a short walk to the far end of the Best Western's front lobby you will find inside ,outside and bar seating in a friendly atmosphere.Full bar too. Our server, Renee, was exceptional and goes the extra mile to accommodate her diner's needs. Very personable too ! I highly recommend the Chicken Marsala, great steaks with seared grilled scallops, or the beer battered grouper. The vegetables are fresh, love the green beans, or the grilled squash/ zucchini.If you are a weary traveler or just passing through , this is an enjoyable surprise off the beaten path with quality food ,generous portions, priced below $20 for most dinners which includes lg.salad,and 2 sides.You won't leave empty, but with one of their desserts to take to your room,all served with a smile.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

While their hours are limited, it's a great little place attached to the Best Western Plus hotel that serves good food, cold beer and has attentive service. Friendly group of regulars make this hotel bar a welcome place for travelers. We stayed at the hotel for UF graduation weekend and the Gators Den gave us a spot to get away from the crowds in town and just relax.