“OK but Expensive”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Florida
“OK but Expensive”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We ate as a family of four---like many Japanese restaurants, it can be very expensive. The sushi was good, fresh and of adequate size (same as Bento's). The katsu chicken was good (it came with superb miso soup, just ok salad), but expensive.

I would recommend Bento for the more run-of-the-mill food choices as Fuji Hana was quite pricey for the serving size. For the unusual sushi or lunch (better prices), then Fuji Hana would be the choice.

• Visited September 2012

Florida
“Good Japanese Steakhouse”
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

I've been here for many company lunch parties and they are consistently good. The only concern I have is a lack of a lunch crowd, but seeing as though they are located far away from the downtown crowd, I'm guessing they have a busy dinner crowd. The menu is pretty standard for a Japanese steakhouse, and so is the entertainment at the dinner table. But compared to what you pay at a typical restaurant chain, you get more for your money. My only issue was the amount of sauces they put on their food while its cooking. I guess you can ask not to drown the food in sauces to keep it semi-healthy.

Gainesville, Florida
“I love this place”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have been to Fuji Hana several times now and I love it. I have done both the Hibachi Table side and the regular seating side on several occasions. The food is always fantastic and the pricing is typical for sushi and Hibachi. I think they have one of the best Ginger dressings. They have unique sushi specials that are also wonderful. Sometimes service is slow, they need to hire more servers/bussers. But this is still one of my go-to restaurants in Gainesville.

• Visited January 2012