“Smokehouse is Smokin'”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Gainesville, FL
“Smokehouse is Smokin'”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great new restaurant in the heart of Gainesville's downtown dining/entertainment district. Wonderful atmosphere with stained glass windows, professional & attentive staff and an excellent menu which can be viewed online at www.SmokehouseDowntown.com. Smokehouse has a 14 foot long smoker on premises and casual dress is the norm. Although open for lunch and dinner the four of us opted for the latter and each had satisfying experience clearing our plates. The service was superb! The food was surprisingly reasonably priced. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights and you might prefer a table away from the stage area if you want to be able to carry on conversation. An overall excellent experience.

• Visited February 2012

Gainesville, FL
“Friendly, Attentive Service, Good Smoked Meats”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was there last week with a party of four. The service was friendly and attentive. I like the decor; soft woods and stained glass windows. The food was good. I had the Smokehouse Chopped Salad and it was awesome. Being a real barbeque lover, I would have liked to have about a 1/3 cup more pulled pork on my greens, but it was still great. The others in my party enjoyed their meals.

• Visited March 2012