“Excellent customer care”

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Parrish, Florida
“Excellent customer care”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Howard Johnson, this is the first time having someone treat me with respect. I was expecting a lot worse and I was surprised by how the manager was very professional and curtious. I look foward to going back there in september for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor it was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Bed was fine...clean with good support. Old picture tube tv but worked fine, except batteries in remote were weak. Friendly staff would have fixed that if I had asked. Fridge and microwave clean. Included breakfast had coffee, sugar cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, packaged breakfast breads, and real milk...something for everyone. No bugs, some plumbing noise, but relaxing overall

• Stayed July 2012
Gainesville, fl
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was impressed to the quality of the hotel. The room was very clean and the overall staff was great. they were helpful in every aspect from checking in to checking out. The price was right as well. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter. can get relaxing sleep...
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I travel on business to Gainesville and have been looking for a safe and convenient place to stay. LOVED this place: it reminded me of the small motels of the '50s and 60's, not because it was dated in the least, but because it is hospitable and warm.
It is quiet, clean and full of travelers not "energetic" college students. The owners are very polite, and I have just booked a room for my next assignment in G'ville.

Room Tip: For those with stair aversion (translation: joints which are challenged), just ask for a downstairs...
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have had mixed experiences at the hotels in Gainesville over the years. I always have a good experience at this hotel, which is reasonably priced. Whenever I am traveling to Gainesville I search this hotel first.

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly. Convenient to everything.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2012

What a cute place! I was in Gainesville for a basketball camp at UF and could not get a room Where herteam was staying so I booked here. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home. The staff was so friendly and the room was clean! Very reasonable. My only regret was I could only stay one night. Great view of nature from the room as well.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Great location - convenient to everything. Easy in, easy out. Pleasant staff. Quiet.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family