“satisfied”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Gainesville FL
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sneads, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

It's not a 5 star Hotel but it was clean. I rented 2 rooms and both was very clean. The beds was comfy. Flat Screen T.V. That was nice. Had everything we needed a mini fridge that worked great, mini coffee pot, microwave, iron. Couple of things I didn't care for for bathroom is very very small. Shower head worked great. I kept having to put sheet back up on bed because they use flat sheets instead of fitted. . Not far from other places to eat also. Overall it was nice and I will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Gainesville FL, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are pleased that you were happy with your room and were able to enjoy the benefit of the mini-fridge, microwave and the flat screen TV. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you the next time you visit Gainesville.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Sometimes I read reviews from people that nitpick and gripe about so many trivial things of hotels. Small things don't bother me. Big things do. But to me, the most important thing about a hotel is location, location, location. To be in a safe area that makes me comfortable is everything. And this Howard Johnson's fits that criteria. SW 13th Street has businesses and places that are spread out. Nothing is jammed together. And that's nice. Also Highway 441 just up the road about 2-3 miles, and has all the stores and restaurants to satisfy anyone's wants and needs. I loved it. Now about the hotel. Yes the room I had was small. One king bed. Bathroom vanity sink was combined with the room. Shower and toilet was separate. Large flat panel TV, refrigerator, microwave, sitting table w/chairs, and safe. Your standard stuff. Room and carpet was clean. Bed was very comfortable w/four pillows. Ice machine worked great. Yes the continental breakfast was minimum and in a small area at the front lobby. But not a big deal for me. I went to a great breakfast place for eggs, toast, fried potatoes, pancakes, sausage, etc. So overall I loved the place. It worked out great. And Jodie at the front desk was super nice. I'll stay here again for sure. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Gainesville FL, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for the kind review of our property. We are delighted that you were very happy with our location and you found your room to be comfortable. Our staff strives to offer great customer service and I am pleased that Jodi was able to provide that. Thank you again for providing your feedback and also for your recommendation. We hope to see you again when you are in Gainesville.