The Laurel Oak Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Gainesville
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Gainesville Lodge(Gainesville)
  • Pool
Value Lodge(Gainesville)
ABC Motel(Gainesville)
View Hotel
All reviewsb blavender roomorganic coffeewonderful hostslibrary roomgourmet breakfasthouse is beautifulbath productsgas fireplacecocktail hoursocial hourcookiesrocking chairshome away from homewonderful stayvisit gainesvillecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Perfect place with perfect service and perfect rooms. I can highly recommend this B&B. You can feel that the owner loves beeing a host because the service is very personal. I will for sure come back because I have never been to a better B&B

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We wanted to enjoy a night on the town and had a great experience in Gainesville. These folks were so kind and the B & B was beautiful. Our room had a balcony, so we enjoyed the fresh air, beautiful view and birds in the morning.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our second time here and just as wonderful as we remembered. Returning here is like an annual visit with old friends, Monta and Peggy are the best! Everything is perfect here, the beautiful rooms, the superb breakfasts, the evening social hour, the homemade cookies for evening snacks, the lovely porches and landscaped grounds. We could repeat all the comments from the other visitors as well. This is the only place to stay in Gainesville, no matter what the occasion. Monta and Peggy will make sure that you have everything you need, right down to the smallest details. They will even specialize the breakfast offerings for your "picky" eaters or allergic concerns. Don't waste any time looking for another place to stay - the Laurel Oak is your best bet!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Over the years I have stayed in B&Bs in Europe, Australasia and North America, and Laurel Oaks is one of the tops. I was in Gainesville to find a home, as I will be moving there in several months. My knowledge of the town was limited, and Monta and Peggy were generous with information and advice. The house and grounds are beautiful, carefully restored and well looked after, and close to the downtown and university. The bedrooms are gorgeously retro but conveniently modern - tempurpedic mattresses and jetted tubs. Monta's 3 course breakfasts were delicious; kept me going all day. And I came back to complimentary wine at happy hour! I'm almost sorry I will soon be a Gainesville resident. When my own visitors overflow, I'm thinking I'll let them have the run of my place, and I'll sneak over to Laurel Oaks.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Library but was shown the upstairs rooms; they are all attractive and inviting.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have stayed here twice and will definitely stay there again whenever we are in Gainesville. The first time was for our daughter's UF graduation and we stayed downstairs in the "Library." Our second time was to attend the Gatornationals drag racing weekend and we stayed upstairs in the "Laurel." Both rooms were great - very clean and very comfortable. Anything you need is in the room. The breakfasts are delicious and something different every morning - from fruit and bread before the entrée and many choices of juices. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and talking with Monta and Peggy. It felt like visiting with relatives. We enjoyed being able to walk to town for dinner and having complimentary beer and wine with everyone in the evening. It is worth the money - we have had many prior disaster stays in local Gainesville hotels. We would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone visiting Gainesville.