“Amazing Weekend”
Review of The Laurel Oak Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainesville
The Laurel Oak Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Gainesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our weekend away at the Laurel Oak Inn was absolutly PERFECT! The Inn is simply beautiful and the innkeepers, Monta and Peggy are just wonderful. They were very helpful when we were looking for things to do, and made great suggestions for our evening meals. The property is very beautiful and they have done a great job respecting the age of the home, and still offering every modern amenity you could want. I cannot say enough about the breakfast each morning. Gormet Indulgence is how I would describe them. YUMMY!! When we checked out after our stay, we made reservations for our next stay - we have found our perfect get away!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lilac - but we were able to see the other rooms - all were simply stunning!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Monta and Peggy rescued us from modern America gave us a taste of old South hospitality. Laurel Oak Inn is a beautiful inn, with all the modern amenities and all the luxuries of the past. Gainesville is in a beautiful part of Florida but all you will remember is your stay in this fine inn.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed in Laurel Oak Inn for two nights and it really was like an oasis for me. The house is an old Victorian style house beutifuly restored with all the modern comforts. The beds were amazingly comfortable and my room was equipped with a fireplace and a bathtub with massage which makes it all very cozy. But what I enjoyed the most was the warm welcome of the cat on the porch and than an even more warm welcome from Peggy and Montana, they really give the place a nice homy feeling. I can not go without mentioning the incredible breakfast which kept me full until the afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you need a place to stay in Gainsville, this is it. And even if you don´t really need a place to stay, treat your self to wonderful stay at the Laurel Oak Inn. The property is beautful, spotlessly clean and from the beginning of your stay you will enjoy the most advanced hospitality I have come around. Monta and Peggy, the most devoted hosts, have made a B&B expirence into an artform. The service was perfect, everything you might possible need and then some more, they were there to provide it.
During our trip to Florida we stayed at several 5 star hotels and resorts and while some of them were excellent, they can not compete with the Laurel Oak.
The breakfast is wonderful, a three-course feast. We stayed over a week and never had the same! We happened to stay at the Laurel Oak at very stressful time in our lives and we firmly belive that the tranquility, the beautiful room and the excellent serivice contributed to positive outcome. Just perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautful.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our stay at the Laurel Oak Inn was nothing short of amazing. The Inn has that romantic, historic feel that I always look for in a bed and breakfast but has all of the modern amenities that one could ask for. Breakfast was delicious and different each day and there were always refreshments on hand for whenever they were wanted. Our hosts were also very hospitable and friendly and so much fun to get to know. I wish that I had known this was there when I was in school there because I would have told my parents to stay there whenever they came to town. I can't go back in time, so I'll settle for telling anyone who will listen now that might need a place to stay in Gainesville. If you choose the Laurel Oak, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Laurel. The Laurel was very spacious with lots of seating options, which I liked...
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went to Gainesville on the spur of the moment. We choose the Laurel Oak after most of the decent hotels in the area were booked or overpriced, due to UF's spring football game. It was our good luck! The Inn is within walking distance to downtown, beautiful, & reasonably priced. The breakfast both mornings started with fresh fruit and followed by a delicious breakfast with a wide selection of juices an house special coffee. We will stay here again when we come to Gainesville.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you like B&B, you'll certainly enjoy The Laurel Oak Inn. The very obliging and dedicated hosts, Monta and Peggy, provide a personal and excellent service. They are also pleased to help you organize your activities in Gainesville with helpful suggestions or even by borrowing equipment.
The rooms have style and are very beautiful. You can also relax and enjoy yourself on the porch. The rich breakfast is delicious. As a special bonus there is a very entertaining social hour in the late afternoon. All together, this gives rise to a highly enjoyable stay.
Without hesitation I highly recommend this wonderful B&B!
Heiko, Germany