“Not very clean!”

Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Edmonton, Canada
“Not very clean!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We ended up here because the motel next door wouldn`t honor our reservation. The owners were friendly however, the room was a disaster! Although we had a non-smoking room, there was a plug in air freshener that made our eyes water from the strong smell, which was there the whole weekend even after unplugging it. There was a kitchenette but not a single dish, no coffee pot, not one glass, no alarm clock, not even a Kleenex! When we asked about some dishes, as we were expecting to use the kitchen, we were told they didn`t provide it because people steal their stuff! They did find us a coffee pot and 2 mugs and 2 each of cutlery after we complained. Would not recommend this place which is too bad as the owners really do seem like nice people!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DebbieH502

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
gainsville fl
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The price was about right for what you would expect to pay for this room. Microwave, stove, oven refrigerator, cabinets, sleeper sofa, and never-ending hot water. It was clean and comfortable. I called them late at night and I was in a pinch for a room. At first he said he would not rent me the room because I smoke and hung up on me. I called him back and asked him not to hang up on me again and then explained that I smoke outside because I don't smoke near my wife. At this he said there would be a deposit of $20 that I would get back in the morning if I didn't smoke in the room. He was very good about it. I paid for the room with a credit card and cash for the deposit. When we checked out, he checked the room and handed me the same $20 that I had handed him for the deposit. I am satisfied with my stay there and would again if I go to that area again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I booked a room 1 1/2 weeks in advance for the 4th and 5th of October, 2013. I made it VERY clear to the woman taking the reservation that I required a SCENT FREE, FRAGRANCE AND CHEMICAL free room due to my severe allergies (MCS). She assured me OVER AND OVER that they would save a room where no one would stay in it for a week. My husband arrived first and when he walked in the room, even HE couldn't stand the reek. He asked the woman and she told him " Oh, I forgot and sprayed the room this morning!" When I arrived and walked into the room, I was hit in the face by the more HORRIBLE smells, chemicals and anything else these idiots could put in a scent free promised room. I immediately became sick, coughing, anxiety attack, crying, headaches.... and to top it all off, they had the audacity to tell me if I didn't pay for the room,, they would charge my credit card anyway. So for NOTHING other than making me VERY ILL right before my daughters wedding, I had to pay them $50 CASH or they would have charged my card $80 for making me very sick. Nice racket. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. These people make promise which affect the HEALTH of their clients and make no intention to accommodate you in any way. In fact, they went OUT OF THEIR WAY to make the room uninhabitable for us then charge me for the priviledge. I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Room Tip: There is NOTHING nice about this motel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gwen W

Travellers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I reserved a room at this hotel on the phone site unseen. When I arrived to check in I realized just by looking at the outside of this motel that it looked dirty and creepy. Stray cats and filthy water bowls for the cats were scattered all over throughout the entrances to the rooms. The office smelled horrible and musty. Needless to say I asked to look at the room before I would actually choose to stay there. The attendant let me see the room first and I am glad I did. It was filthy, dirty, bugs on the walls, completely outdated. There was even a hole in the door to the adjoining room with paper stuffed in it to plug it up! Horrified and afraid to touch anything there I returned the key to the office refusing to stay there. The attendant became angry, started yelling at me and said he was going to charge the credit card I had made my reservation with, even though I did not stay there. When driving away, I saw about 5 very strange characters hanging out in the parking lot with the door to their room open the appeared to be either very drunk or drugged. This place looks more like a drug dealer hang out than a family hotel. Run from this place as fast as you can!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mpk14
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were in Gainesville last weekend on a several day road trip. Without checking reviews I stopped and got a room here. Paid the clerk 72$ at wich time I was handed they key to the room and the remote to the TV. Apon going down to are room we noted a group of young men (shirtless, aprrox 4 of them, standing outside there room smoking and socializing) and a older gentlemen that appeared intoxicated and laying half in- half out his doorway. The young men also had no problem attempting to stop me and talk offering me alchol. Then when me and my friend entered the room we immediatley noticed it was not what we expected. Everything was ver out dated (nothing like the photos). The bathroom was manageable but there was noted to be dirt piled up around the bath tub even tho the bath itself looked clean. The lighting was very poor and we both agreeded that it would be difficult to get ready for an evening out. I then looked at the bed (alwaasy the 1st thing I do regardless of hotel, price of hotel, ect.) When I pulled the corner of the bed back i noted an excessive amt of hair under the fitted sheet and dust. Then I noted in the dresser a stack of condoms (not used). The whole impression I got of the hotel was it could have been a really nice rent by the hour type of place. All this occured over about 25 minutes at wich time I took the key back the front desk and told them I needed to check out immediatley due to the cleanliness. The man running the front desk and the woman behind the front desk immediatley became deffensive. The man told me he would "have to check the room out first" He then went to the room and came back a short time later saying that he found no hair on the beds. They did offer me another room but we declined. At that time the man offered me 50 of my 72$ back and stated that it was because the bed had been unmade. I informed him that the beds had not been sat on and that only the corner was pulled back to check for cleanliness and that i reccommended the sheets and bedding be changed regardless. Also when i continued and stated that the lamp shade had several months/years of dust on it i was told "Thats common in Flordia there is alot of pollen and dust in the air." I then informed them that if I did not get a full refund my credit card company would dispute the charge. The man slammed my recipt down and closed the glass to the front desk giving me no refund and the woman began yelling at me in a foriegn language. Overal the experince could have been dirtier but I believe the only cleaning that gets done is spot cleaning so new customers cant tell where previous guest have been. I would not allow my children to touch anything in this place had they been there.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you have any allergies to dust or if packets of condoms in a drawer offeneds you...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KarissaD387
Tifton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I booked this room last minute after my reservation was cancelled at another local hotel. Being game day weekend it was very hard to find a room at a reasonable price. After searching I found this hotel. The owners were very nice and helpful. Room looked wonderful and was very spacious. It was very clean and smelled amazing as well. I was soooo amazed at the find. I was hesitant at first after reading the first review about the hotel not honoring the reservation fee online. They honored mine with no problem. If you looking for room for a few nice at a very good price this is your place!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly J
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Booked a room for 55.00 for 2 doubles with sofa bed on-line.For the Gator game Sept. 22, 2012. Called to confirm with the hotel and Mr. Patel told me the rate was 65.00. I called booking agent and she called hotel and he changed his tune. However when I checked in he gave me a different room (smaller). When i complained he told me i could have the room i reserved for 75.00!! We went to the game and called the bookin agent again, who called the hotel. They refused to honor my 55.00 rate! So I had them cancel and we went to a nicer & cheaper hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the Scottish Inn next door!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends