“great custard!”

SweetBerries Eatery & Frozen Custard
Ranked #5 of 33 Dessert in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Description: Serving fresh deli and grilled sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps, hot dogs, and frozen custard ice cream. Beverages include fountain drinks, espresso drinks, beer, and wine.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good place for a quick casual bit to eat. Best thing about place is the custard dessert that they make in several flavors.

1  Thank Aritierrez

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Order at the counter & your food will be brought to your table. Sandwiches & salads are fresh & tasty. The custard flavors are varied & delicious. Caribbean Kick is so fresh tasting with coconut, mango & pineapple. They are open long hours which makes it convenient to visit after a show, movie or a game. As great as the food is, the service is very friendly but slow. Remember your order is made fresh when you order. That takes time & worth the wait in the end.

1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

-The food is a step above Panera Bread in terms of quality.

-The only place in town to get custard (I prefer Karma Cream or Sweet Dreams for ice cream)

-Excruciatingly slow service. I waited 15 minutes for a takeout order (1 sandwich).

1  Thank AGrandFloridian
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I absolutely enjoyed my first experience at SweetBerries. I had a friend who raved about how good it was, and convinced me it was worth trying (despite being full). The staff was very nice and helped me make a selection. I chose a concrete with blackberries, raspberries and peaches called the SweetBerries Sunset. It was glorious! I tasted the brownie one as well, which was also great. All the custard is made on site, you can even watch the process.

I haven't had anything outside of the custard. But I'm okay with that. Definitely try this place out if you've never had custard before!

The atmosphere is great too. They have local art on display and it is very clean with lots of seating.

1  Thank j_mac323
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We just tried Sweetberries for the first time. I really liked their menu; I think I could eat here a dozen times, try something different every time and like it all. The food tasted very fresh and the frozen custard was delicious. My husband even said "why would we ever eat regular ice cream again?"
The atmosphere was very open, lots of windows and light and a few tables outside as well.
The cost was about on par with other deli places, and they had a few deals and specials that we took advantage of, like the combo deal.
Great place for a nice light lunch, and definitely try the frozen custard.