“Finally!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Finally, there is a nice place for those of us in the NW section of Gainesville to go. Think of it like a beachbar meets Bonefish. The menu is brilliant and the service is very good.
Adults can go there for a couple drinks at Happy Hour and families can eat there as well.
I've eaten there many times, so I'm a little suspect of the two negative reviews. My wife and I have been in the restaurant industry for years, and those complaints sound like people who are trying to game the system.

3  Thank RuBienJackson

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hubby and I have been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile,and today got the chance. We both ordered the lunch specials. Which were around twelve dollars. We started out with the crab bisque It was the best we`ve ever had, truly delish. For the main course, I had the grilled maui and Hubby the grilled grouper which were both very good. both served over vegetables. The waitress was very professional. Can`t wait to return.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Watching Lebron James and the Heat clinch the Eastern Conference reminded me of the owner of Wahoo (and huge Lebron James fan) Shawn and his GREAT establishment! I had dinner there tonight and they have the FRESHEST seafood, friendliest staff, and healthiest portions in Gainesville PERIOD! I have eaten there several times and have always had a great experience. I recommend their prime rib, any of the seafood dishes, boils, and the shrimp and grits are legendary! Go Lebron and Go Wahoo!!!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

As a person who likes good food, cold drinks, and nights out with family and friends, and great live music, Wahoo Seafood Grill & Bar in Gainesville is my favorite place to be. With a super friendly staff and room to relax, Wahoo's is a great place to just come and hang out, watch the game, or have a great meal with the family. And on the nights any of the local musicians are playing, you will have a chance to hear professional quality talent. You will be hearing popular songs from today's radio, and old classics mixed in with original songs written by a group of fine North Florida songwriters.

After reading a couple of these other reviews I'm not sure where some of these folks were eating, because every time I go to Wahoo's the food, service, and music is great. If you don't believe me, come try it for yourself and you can form your own opinion. I'll bet you like Wahoo's.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Food was great! Service was even better!

HIGHLY recommended!

I've had 50% of the amazing items on the menu! I can't wait to try them all!