Dragonfly Sushi & Sake Co Incorporated
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 1st St.
Transit: Centered in the heart of downtown Gainesville, multiple public bus routes drop you off at Dragonfly's doorstep. All local hotel shuttles also make downtown Gainesville a frequent stop. Check with your concierge for special Dragonfly VIP offers.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great place well located. We had Saki but saw a lot of people with fun cocktails. Service was perfect. My husband order a risotto which was so delicious - unexpected for a Sushi place. We order multiple small dishes, since he does not eat seafood. My daughter order a Sushi with steak, avocado and blue cheese that was soooo good. By the way, prices were the best part. I am planning to come here next time in Gainesville

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I resisted going to a restaurant named after dragonflies. BUT when I got inside, I discovered it was a different kind of restaurant: not only sushi, but also cooked tidbits ordered off the menu. It reminded me of dim sum but better. A line of cooks behind the long bar served up items and the waitresses took them to the tables. It was quite an interesting process. The shrimp melted in your mouth, the won tons were crispy the bacon-wrapped asparagus sections were yummy. The sapporo beer was wonderful--first I'd ever had. The three of us passed on the sushi, but other patrons were enjoying it. The place was full and loud and orderly. That's my new favorite restaurant in Gainesville.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant has very unique rolls to choose from. My personal favorite is either the Crunch roll or the Godzilla roll. Must try the edamame with bonito flakes and brussel sprouts! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would change is the fact that they only have two vegetarian sushi rolls to chose from. Other than that, I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I left the kids with grandma so that we could have a nice date, and chose dragonfly for dinner. We were seated promptly and I thought it was nice that they sat us at a small table in a room off from the main dining room, which was completely empty... at first. Within two minutes of being seated, they brought in a party of 6, with 3 small (but loud) children and sat them at a table a foot and a half away from us. The kids were dropping toys under our feet and pushing chairs back into our table. I know the kids' behavior is not the restaurant's fault, but seriously? It was obvious we were on a date and it was early in the evening so the place wasn't even half full.
Apart from the fact that our "nice dinner" without the kids didn't work out, the food was good. The "Shiso Pretty" was really, really good. The sushi rolls were average. The menu does not do a great job of describing what you are getting though, so ask the server to clarify if you aren't sure. We ended up with one roll that was deep fried on the outside with cold ingredients inside, so the whole thing turned out luke warm. However, the quality of the fish and other ingredients was good. If we get another chance for a date night in Gainesville, we will try somewhere else.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my second visit to dragonfly and i still can't see why it is so highly rated. The sushi was ok, frankly not that fresh. the rolls where small. Everything was overpriced and the place seemed to be trying too hard. The saving grace was that the service was actually quite good!