“Creative food in a contemporary setting”
Review of Emiliano's Cafe

Emiliano's Cafe
Ranked #18 of 590 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Emiliano's Café was a very pleasant surprise. It was a beautiful day in downtown Gainesville and we were looking for a place for a quick lunch where we could eat outside. This was perfect. The service was great and the food was excellent. I had the special of the day; a grilled chicken sandwich with a blueberry-chipotle compote and goat cheese. It sounded too interesting not to try. It had a bite, but not too spicy. My daughter had the ropa vieja (sp?) and it was authentic and delicious.

Give it a try.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were a large party of 8 people and everyone liked it a lot. The service was excellent and the food delicious. Outstanding food presentation. The Pinon is the best that I have ever had.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We went with my family. We had a great time. Spanish music playing and beautiful decor. The food is awesome and the waitress was helpful. We had appetizers and they were so good. The french toast stuffed with guave is delicious.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The service was excellent, attentive but not overly. We made the mistake of getting two appetizers. Both were excellent but one would have been better since the quantity was ample. We got the paella for two and it was a real treat. The portions were large though so we did not get dessert (no more in our bellies). Next time we'll stick to one appetizer :)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I love fish tacos, let's start with that! However, every time I order them places, I'm very disappointed. I was not disappointed with Emiliano's fish tacos, I was elated I found some good ones for a change! I typically prefer the ones with a white spicy sauce on white fish (blackened or fried), however this sauce was natural juices from the fresh chopped salsa on top. The sauce dripped onto the corn chips below on my plate and created a natural flavor on the chips that I couldn't stop eating them either. I was dining alone, so I can't comment on any others' experience or dishes, but for me, this place is well worth the try!