“its ok”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Gainesville, Florida
“its ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

The good:
Service is pretty fast, portions are large and the sandwiches are decent. The rueben, fish sandwich, and French dip are the best menu items IMO.
The bad:
If you don't tip 20% you'll find it later on your bank statement. People say the burgers are great but they're just ok. Five guys is a lot better.

• Visited May 2013

Niceville, Florida
“Awesome burgers AND service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on the recommendation of a UF student we know and I'm really glad we did. The "Say Cheese" was the burger special of the day (3 types of cheese - yum) and for $8 I received a huge burger grilled medium-well to near-perfection and tasty fries. As opposed to the experiences of some others, our server (Susanna) could not have been sweeter or more attentive to our table - she made sure we all had a great late-afternoon meal.

I can appreciate the earlier comments re: blockage of the numerous tv's. But, hey, if you're in a bar with some local history that serves good, inexpensive burgers you can forgive a little to do better than just a benign "sports bar" (cough, cough, most wings places). Only downgrade is for parking - pretty limited in normal conditions, but nearby construction and proximity to campus will certainly impact ability to get in/out quickly (but worth it - trust me!). We'll be back when we travel near The Swamp.

Visited May 2013
Central Florida
“Tied for best burger ever - but why only 4 stars?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Today, I went to the Copper Monkey for the first time. We had their $5.00 dollar Sunday special - which is a burger with cheese basket. You get to pick what kind of cheese ... and extra toppings (aside from the basic lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle) were 59 cents each. Not a bad deal.

I ordered a well done burger, with bleu cheese and sauteed onions, with their garlic cream cheese spread. I also ordered it with a side of sweet fries (sweet potato fries) .. =) The burger came out and looked amazing! It smelled incredible and honestly, my first bite was more than I could have imagined. Yep, it was THAT good! I then, cut it in half, in which I saw .. it was very, VERY red in the middle (hence the four stars) .. That was disappointing. But the waitress fixed it. She had the cook just make me a completely new burger, instead of just "throwing it back on the grill" like so many restaurants do. Leaving my old one on the table, I knew they brought out a fresh, new burger, cooked just the way I liked it. This burger, is definitely tied for first, on my BEST BURGERS EVER!

The Atmosphere. It's nothing fancy ... kinda old. Great TV's and probably packed on game day, when the Gators are playing. It's on the 2nd level of a plaza on the corner. Parking CAN be a problem ... but once you do find parking .. the burgers are worth it! And not to mention, those "sweet fries" were amazing. I could have easily had a second helping.

Great experience. We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“Great Hideaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Brittany answered the phone quickly when I called, & very helpful & friendly with questions I had. She was our server when we arrived and was very kid friendly. Really good food & a lot of it for the price. We'll go back.

Visited March 2013
Waldo
“good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Half-hearted service, very good food. It is in a college atmosphere, and students are not a good reason to give great service, (poor tippers). So, the food excels, the service does not.