“Traveled from Fox Lake to Largo FL.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Fox Lake, Illinois, United States
“Traveled from Fox Lake to Largo FL.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Had traveled all night and half the day and needed to sleep.. I always stay at the Country Inn while traveling. Then have large clean bug free rooms, great free breakfast, indoor pools with hot tubs and staff that are really caring and accommodating. Beds are always fern and clean. I only stay at Country Inn when I travel.

Room Tip: I was there and the rooms where pretty sound proof. No problems with AC. If your alone get the sing...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thanks for your loyalty! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on your return trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stopped on my way to FL to visit a friend, not realizing that it was football season in a college town. I stopped here because I've stayed in Country Inn & Suites before and have never had a bad room or bad experience and that night was no exception. From the front desk to the room to the location, all was beyond my expectations. You cannot go wrong with the CI&S chain and especially not this location in Gainesville!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank GFaye
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Wow! I'm so glad you are happy with our brand. I'm also glad we were able to accommodate you on such a busy weekend. Maybe next time you'll have tickets for the game. Thank you!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stopped for a one night stay on our way to Orlando. The hotel was very nice, as well as the staff. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, as they were able to swim even though there was a storm outside. We loved getting up in the morning and walking next door to the Cracker Barrel restaurant. We would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone going Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for choosing Country inn & Suites for your stop in Gainesville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. I hope you'll take advantage of our free hot breakfast on your next trip.
Hudson, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Rain was pouring heavily when we arrived so we were quite happy that the hotel had a covered entryway for unloading our car. Our suite was beautiful and even cheaper at this particular time than a regular room. The bedding was especially lush and comfortable. The free breakfast was available until 10:30, on a Saturday a.m., maybe different other days, which was great for us because we were in no hurry to hit the road. Real plates, cups and silverware, not the styrofoam stuff, is used in the breakfast room. An attendant there was pleasant and helpful, clearing tables and talking with travelers. I will stay here again when we travel through this area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It's great to hear such good things about our hotel and especially about our staff. We really do have some exceptional people. I hope your next trip is as pleasant as the first, see you then!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Right off the interstate, free breakfast, nice staff. Internet, small refrigerator and flat screen TV in room. Inside pool, business center and a Cracker Barrel restaurant within walking distance behide the hotel. Would recommend for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: 6th floor is for smokers - I appreciated the option.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for the great review! Don't foreget the free hot breakfast in the morning. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We arrived for a late check-in. Due to my husbands back surgery we needed an accessible room. We were greeted and assisted graciously by Dana & Sergio. They went above & beyond to ensure our stay was most pleasant. The pool was clean. The rooms spotless. Breakfast was a welcome addition. Our queen beds were comfortable & Sergio delivered extra pillows before our arrival per our phone request. We are grateful to Sergio & Dana for their superb service and dedicated, caring attitude. We will return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
I hope everything went well with the surgery. Thank you for letting us know that Sergio & Dana are doing an exceptional job. This is the service we try to provide to all our guests and to hear this made me very proud of them. I will be sure to pass on your praise to them. Thank you!
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

In early August while travelling to Florida, my son and I stayed at this hotel. The room was spacious & had all of the amenities. The location was right off the interstate and near a variety of restaurants. The rate also included the hot breakfast in the morning, which was excellent. The best part was having Lashay service the area. She was always smiling & helping the guests. Cleaning the tables and restocking the food. She talked to the guests and it appeared that she really enjoys working there. I would stay there again as long as Lashay was working there. Excellent employee and as asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on second floor near the elevators. Try to book before you get there to get a better...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for letting us know what a good job Leshay is doing! We value her very much and she will be here to greet you for breakfast on your next trip.