“Great overnight stay while traveling”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Great overnight stay while traveling”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Needed an overnight stay while traveling from Tuscaloosa, AL to Melbourne, FL. Used a coupon from a rest area coupon book for $79. We were pleasantly surprised. Hotel was clean, linens were crisp and very white. Desk staff was very friendly and professional. We arrived late on a Sun. night and ate appetizers at the TGI Fridays close by. Most restaurants were already closing. We will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your overnight stay in Gainesville. I appreciate you taking the time to give us a good review and hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here due to reading the reviews on here. However I'm not sure I would agree it should be 2nd on Tripadvisior! The staff was very nice, has a free breakfast and close to restaurants. We have a daughter who was not impressed at all by the pool very small and dull area. The room itself needed a really good cleaning. There was cheese?? Or something orange on the bathroom floor. Just got a feeling that the cleanliness of the room was rushed and was not up to our standards. Yes - we should have said something but we only stayed one night. I think next time we will try the #1 place.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for writing a review, we appreciate your feedback. It would be very helpful to us if you let us know right away in a situation like this. I don't know what room you stayed in so I won't have an opportunity to do retraining with that specific room attendant. I will use your response during our next meeting to help us improve in this area. Remember you are our guest and our #1 priority! Wether you were staying 1 night or 5, I would have liked the opportunity to make it right for you during your stay. At the very least, we would have moved you to a satisfactory room. I hope you will contact us and give us the chance to make this up to you.
Murphy, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Every time we go to Gainesville, Fl, we stay at Country Inn & Suites. We love how well kept it is, and the fantastic staff. We go to Gainesville about 3 times a year, and each time we check in we are never disappointed.

Room Tip: I think that all of the rooms a.re great
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 651SAG
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your loyalty! I hope that you are a member of our loyalty program so that you are earning points when you stay. I appreciate your great review and we look forward to seeing you next time!
New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Location: right off I-75, on Archer road that offers many restaurants and shops. Close to Kanapaha botanical gardens. Rooms: very specious and quiet. Wifi: free and adequate. Parking: free. Indoor swimming pool is so so. Breakfast: ok, but I had better more often than not. If you add all together, it's a good value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sherif E
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I'm sorry you found the breakfast less than satisfactory. If you could give us a call or send an email, I would love to hear your suggestions on what we could impove on. Thanks again!
Auckland
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and me stayed there for 6 nights mainly for business and the rooms are generous and clean. Breakfast is efficient and has good variety of fruit and yoghurt. I would have liked a better layout of the rooms with more bench space and maybe better lighting for reading. Another suggestion I would have is a designated green area outside with lounge chairs, this would round it off. Everything else is very efficient and very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The position is excellent as well (motorways and restaurants and shopping areas walking distance). I definitely would stay there again and can only recommend it.

Room Tip: suites with big beds are nice, the air conditioning is excellent as well and very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BluemoonAuckland
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for your review and your feedback. We will take all of your suggestions into consideration and use your feedback to improve upon some areas we may need to fine tune. I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and hope we will see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice peeps, clean room, comfy bed. Gave me what I asked for (adjoining rooms) & a lower rate than they advertised. There was some kind of tournament going on but since I wasn't there for that, they gave me their lower/regular rate. Breakfast was decent too, coffee was good :D. Very friendly staff. I would totally recommend!

1 Thank chrysb
Thank you for your recommendation. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed our free hot breakfast and all the other ammenities our hotel has to offer. We do strive to make every special request possible. Thanks for mentioning it!
Galloway
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Staff was so friendly, I forgot to pick up milk before checking in to our stay, for our 3 year old, and the front desk was so kind to offer some, which made our experience unforgettable! The pool and hot tub were nice and the rooms are spacious! I am planning on staying again in a few weeks.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite. It was nice, lots of room!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank annieb193
Thanks for the excellent review. I hope you will contact us for your next reservation!