“Very impressed!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Everything was even better than expected. We would not hesitate to stay at again! We stayed in the double queen room with pullout sofa. This was equivalent to 2 rooms combined with an extra tv. Breakfast was delicious with cold and hot selections includes in the price of room.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank DGBSM
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Well, you said it all! Thank you for mentioning all of our wonderful amenities. Don't forget the indoor heated pool. It's the only one in Gainesville. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Wellington, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff were excellent, and the price was great. I found the hotel to be very clean, and the rooms were very nice. The only area that was just average was the complimentary breakfast. Compared to other hotels like Hampton Inn, the food was just OK. Overall, considering the price paid, the friendliness of the staff, and the cleanliness, it was an excellent value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for all the great comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am working on improvements on our breakfast so I hope that on your next stay it will be more than average.
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in one of the upper floor rooms, furthest away from the Interstate, and wasn't aware of any noise. The room was clean and the bed was great! As I was traveling for business and pleasure the Wi-Fi connection was important and far exceeded connection speed and access of any I encountered on my travels. Can't say enough about the staff and their friendliness ! I thought they were having some kind of contest for "nicest" - from the front desk to the service personnel they were top notch! There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant next door and every other type of restaurant you wish was a short drive away. It's not a question of would I stay there again it's just a matter of "when".

Room Tip: Northwest rooms on the upper floors should negate any possible interstate noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review and for the tips to future guests. It's really good to hear that all of our employees are doing there best to uphold the Country Inn & Suites image and values. Thanks for letting us know!
Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

By far, I had the cleanest room I have ever had in ANY hotel chain! Traffic noise obnoxious, but what can you do when you build beside an interstate! I stopped here at the last minute without a reservation, with a young child, and had Jo problem getting a room. Above and beyond!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank thiton
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you were bothered by the noise from the interstate. I hope that you will book with us again. I would like to offer you a suite upgrade or request a room on the far end of the hotel. That's what we call the "quiet side". Hope to see you again!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everyone treated us very nicely, the rooms were clean, and the free breakfast was great! We stayed in the jacuzzi room which had a super nice, big jacuzzi for a great price. I would recommend this place to others

• Stayed May 2014
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you again.
Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Good hotel to overnight in in Gainesville as the room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable. Having the Cracker Barrel Restaurant right behind this hotel was very convenient for meals too and it was nearby the I-75. A group of us stayed there as we attended a Memorial Service in Gainesville, so the proximity to other restaurants and shopping was convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again under better circumstances.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

loved the location as it was so easy to meet up w/ the relatives. they were coming from two different areas after we arrived from VA. having the cracker barrel there was convenient as well as the restaurants right down the road !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank dottieann2014
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks! I'm glad we are the midway point for your family. I hope you will make plans with us for your next family visit.