“In need of an update”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a group stay at this hotel on a Saturday evening for a sports event. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. The location was convenient to the highway and to eating locations. The lobby is a little small and does not offer a place to visit with guests. The rooms were basic but spacious. The beds were also comfortable. We had a few issues with the air conditioner not cooling in one room and another room had the door knob fall off. Its a well used hotel being close to a university. Overall our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kirsten_Palmer
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback you have to offer. I'm sorry for the maintenance issues you experienced. We will begin a full renovation of the lobby and breakfast area soon. I hope you will visit us again to see all the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Front office staff super engaging and wanting to make my stay nice. I'd stay here again! The location to the university is great. Continental breakfast was good, fresh fruit, oatmeal and waffles.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for the kind review. Since you were here visiting the University, I should expect to see you periodically for the next four years? Go Gators!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel first in June when we took our son to orientation at UF and 2nd when we we moved him up in August. We were convinced that this is a place that we will stay every time we are in Gainesville. Staff is Excellent, Friendly and Courteous. Their Breakfast has been consistently good. Both front desk staff, kitchen and cleaning staff are very courteous. Karina our front desk girl was the best. Made us fresh coffee in an instant and even when we wanted to change room and she could not as hotel was fully booked she communicated with us so well that we were satisfied that she was looking out for us. Thanks Carlson your investment is paying great dividend.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you! Karina is an asset to our team. She always goes the extra mile to make people feel at home. I will pass on the compliments to her.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Easy access to I-75, staff was exceptional with our requests which made our workshop a success. I will be using their facilities again in the future. When doing business in Gainesville Florida, this should be your destination stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

After a long day of driving from Ohio on the way to a funeral, we were looking forward to a comfortable nights sleep. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was great. Probably one of the best we have had as hotel breakfasts go. I would stay again. I thought it was a little pricey, but that is the way of hotels in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast. I'm sorry that you had to stay under those circumstances and we are all sorry for your loss. I hope you can visit us for leisure in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my third time staying at this particular hotel, ALWAYS a great experience! Staff is helpful as well as friendly! The rooms have always been clean and comfy! To me breakfast is the icing on the cake! A very good selection. You can have a decent size hot breakfast (mine contained eggs, bacon, and fried potatoes) while my husband had oatmeal, yogurt, and a blueberry muffin, and of course coffee and juice!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you have decided to return to our hotel. I hope you will join our loyalty program so that you can earn points on your next stay.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Clean and good breakfast. But look online for better deals. Calling for reservation and you get an expensive price. Close to University of Florida. Nice pool. TV service was very limited to just HBO. Most hotels have more than one I thought.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your thoughts, I know rates can be overwhelming at times. We do have many special event dates which increase the rates. We do stay competitive with other comparable properties. I hope we can get you a rate you're more comfortable with on your next trip.