“Best in Gainesville”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Great value, accommodations, mattress, location, friendly helpful staff and free breakfast. This is what other hotels at this price point should aspire to be. My room was simple but well appointed and the hotel offers free wifi and easy parking. Why wouldn't you choose this place?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
2  Thank Christine R
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thanks for the great review. We do strive to be the best. I'm glad your stay reflected the best of us!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We were in Gainesville for a wedding. We arrived early with kids that needed a nap. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us, we needed adjoining rooms, they had us in the room in a matter of minutes.
the room was nice, breakfast better than average but it was the staff that made the difference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks! I'm glad we were able to accommodate nap time! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We loved the room and furnishings. The breakfast was good. Staff in dining room could have been more hospitable and smile. They acted like they didn't want to be there. Problem with front desk and the fact we had two separate reservations. At last minute we decided to add a night and it had to be done separately. This confused the hotel staff all weekend and made things frustrating. They had us checking out after one night and had me worried and they called my cell to tell us we needed to get out of our room that housekeeping was trying to clean our room for new people coming in and we were at the stadium for Florida game. Blocked in a parking kit , I panicked. But after calling hotel, they had finally figured it out and all was good, but when we returned that night to our room after midnight our room keys had been canceled and had to go back downstairs to fill out paperwork and get new keys. Very aggravating and upset. Before our arrival and during our stay I communicated very well with staff to let them know about all this and they still couldn't get it right. I will stay with them again, but hopefully they can work this kinda stuff out so I will not have to worry about my room while out enjoying my stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We do have some new front desk staff and I can asure you, they will be properly trained on how to better handle situations like this. I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that we can do better.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Thank you fellow trip advisor contributors for the GREAT recommendation. Stayed in Gainesville & didnt want to pay the crazy prices other hotels charge. We paid $150 on a game day, the room was clean, comfortable and quite a good value.Staff was excellent & the buffet appeared to be pretty good, we just didnt eat there...maybe next time! A/C units just a little noisy so if that bothers you, be aware.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope you will stay with us again during this football season.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This time around, the room was much better. There was a big family reunion staying there, but no problem with noise. The problem was too many people and no place in Lobby to sit or move around. Breakfast room was the same. Not enough food or room to sit. Best decision for us was to head down I 75 and have breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

I'm sorry you were disatisfied with breakfast and the lobby area. We are set for a renovation of that area this year. Although it seems you had a better stay, you rated us lower this year than last. Please feel free to contact me with any feedback you may have on making improvements and thanks for giving us another chance.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very good except for breakfast! Cold, tasteless, oatmeal no flavor at all. Assistance just ponted to the Microwave. Orange Jouice watery same as waffle mix. Had breakfast at Cracker Barrel second night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Please accept my apologies for your experience with breakfast. This is not typical of our service at all. I will look into the matter and do my best to make whatever improvements I can. I hope you will book with us again and give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a group stay at this hotel on a Saturday evening for a sports event. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. The location was convenient to the highway and to eating locations. The lobby is a little small and does not offer a place to visit with guests. The rooms were basic but spacious. The beds were also comfortable. We had a few issues with the air conditioner not cooling in one room and another room had the door knob fall off. Its a well used hotel being close to a university. Overall our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kirsten_Palmer

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback you have to offer. I'm sorry for the maintenance issues you experienced. We will begin a full renovation of the lobby and breakfast area soon. I hope you will visit us again to see all the improvements we are making.