I reserved a king suite to spend a weekend with my sister and brother-in-law. The room was clean and the people at the front desk are pleasant. Although this is purported to be an extended stay type hotel, you get a daily ration of two paper plates and 2 plastic fork and knife sets. Although I asked for extra towels, and reserved originally for 4 (we only ended up with 3) we had two towels, washcloths, etc. All of that could be rectified so no big deal. The real problem was two consecutive nights of an entire floor of unruly teenagers slamming doors, yelling, and basically wild teenager behavior. I don't really blame the kids- they are kids who are having an adventure without apparent supervision. The walls in this place are paper thin...I mean really paper thin. People knocked on doors nearby but it sounded as if it was our door. This hotel would do a better service if they instituted a quiet time and told people at registration that quiet time starts at 10pm or some such. That way if they have to step in, the warning was already given. I did mention to the staff at the desk about the loud rowdy behavior and they did find another room on another floor but teenagers from the same group on my floor were also on that floor and I figured why bother. The sofa bed was not made up - the sheets -no pillow- were in the closet. Bathroom door does not shut tight and the handle lock is broken. We very little sleep and look forward to going home. Do not stay here if you want a good nights sleep. This hotel is not up to Marriott standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 126 All-Suite hotel has immediate access to I-75, local shopping and restaurants and we are a 7 minute ride to The University of Florida, UF/Shands hospitals and the VA hospital. We provide a free hot buffet breakfast, complimentary shuttle, free Wi-Fi and parking. We provide a Market for snacks, beverages and sundries. We are a University of Florida preferred hotel and a Certificate of Excellence award winner through Trip Advisor for 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Gainesville Springhill Suites
- SpringHill Suites Gainesville Florida