“Comfort and Quick I-75 access”

SpringHill Suites Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Please don't go by the reviews of others!
This is a very nice hotel, I love the SpringHill Suites and Residence Inns that Marriott has to offer. The rooms are nice, clean and very comfortable. The business center is easily accessible. The pool is clean and refreshing. I can always count on a great nights' sleep, including extra amenities (Pantene brand shampoo and conditioner) in my room. Breakfast is always very good with a great variety: hot eggs, potatos or sausage (depends on location), make-your-own waffles, 3-4 cereal choices, 2-3 yogurt choices, hot oatmeal including choice of 4-5 toppings, numerous bread flavors, and muffins or danish. Coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby or ask for additional packets for your room.
Marriott family hotels are pet friendly for $75-$100 pet fee. This is very comparable to other hotels (except LaQuinta where it is free). Breakfast is ALWAYS served 6:30-9:00am Monday-Friday, and 7:00-10:00am Saturday and Sunday. It is always posted on their website, so you are always aware of available amenities, location, and times. I am sorry the others who gave reviews did not agree with the great Marriott family of hotels and had bad experiences. I have been traveling 1-2 weeks every month for business for the past 4.5 years and have enjoyed the Marriott family of hotels available throughout the State of Florida in my travels.
THANK YOU MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: I enjoy the King size beds, with extra feather pillows. They can also accommodate you with a refrig...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ACS33607
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am so glad to hear that you had the true Springhill Suites experience, it is certainly our goal to provide each and every guest with great service, clean and comfortable accommodations and easy access to all that Gainesville has to offer. We love to receive feedback from all of our guests whether to just say that they had a great stay or to offer suggestions to improve their experience. We thank you for your loyalty to Springhill Suites and hope to welcome you back on future visits to Gainesville.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Gainesville

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I reserved a king suite to spend a weekend with my sister and brother-in-law. The room was clean and the people at the front desk are pleasant. Although this is purported to be an extended stay type hotel, you get a daily ration of two paper plates and 2 plastic fork and knife sets. Although I asked for extra towels, and reserved originally for 4 (we only ended up with 3) we had two towels, washcloths, etc. All of that could be rectified so no big deal. The real problem was two consecutive nights of an entire floor of unruly teenagers slamming doors, yelling, and basically wild teenager behavior. I don't really blame the kids- they are kids who are having an adventure without apparent supervision. The walls in this place are paper thin...I mean really paper thin. People knocked on doors nearby but it sounded as if it was our door. This hotel would do a better service if they instituted a quiet time and told people at registration that quiet time starts at 10pm or some such. That way if they have to step in, the warning was already given. I did mention to the staff at the desk about the loud rowdy behavior and they did find another room on another floor but teenagers from the same group on my floor were also on that floor and I figured why bother. The sofa bed was not made up - the sheets -no pillow- were in the closet. Bathroom door does not shut tight and the handle lock is broken. We very little sleep and look forward to going home. Do not stay here if you want a good nights sleep. This hotel is not up to Marriott standards.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations and also provide a restful nights sleep, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of that goal during your recent stay. We do require that groups sign a Code of Conduct at check-in which also states a "quiet time" Unfortunately this particular group did not adhere to this agreement and consequently were a disturbance to other guests. We appreciate all of your feedback and have shared your comments with our team for follow up. If you would contact me personally I would love the opportunity to discuss further. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and want to regain your trust and loyalty to SpringHill Suites.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Pet Owners, be advised that this and other Marriott SpringHill Suites, that allow pets, require an outragious $75 pet fee if you have a pet. They have hiden this stipulation in the legal fine print of their terms and conditions. The manager at this property waived the fee when I protested and told him I would not pay the fee.
I have used Marriott properties for business over the past 30 years. It seems my money then was okay, but when I bring fido along on a pleasure vacation, they aren't interested. Well, there are plenty of good hotels that allow pets without fees. I will be using them instead of Marriott properties in the future for all my travel needs.

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels over the years. As more people include the four legged members of the family in their travels (myself included with my Miniature Schnauzer Roxy) we have tried to ensure that we have pet friendly rooms available, this does however incur additional costs for deep cleaning etc. to ensure that the room is properly maintained at all times which is the reason for the associated pet fee. As with all policies this fee can be modified on an individual basis depending on type, number of pets and length of stay etc. We hope that you give us another opportunity to regain your loyalty and if your travels bring you to the area again please contact me and I will personally handle your reservations for you.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was booked there by my company. This is called a "suite" hotel but they basically try to carve a suite space out of a regular room space. Breakfast did not begin until 0630 so I unfortunately missed out on it during my stay as I had to leave early. Television and unfortunately loud snoring disrupted my sleep due to the thin walls.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations in all areas and we are sorry that we fell short of that goal during your recent stay. For our guests having to leave early before the full breakfast is available we are happy to provide upon request a "To Go" bag with such items as Yogurt, Fruit, Muffins etc. We value your input and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and hope that if your travels bring you to the area again that you give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Good hotel, some minor issues (heater had to be turned off and back on to work). Furniture/room shows some wear and tear, but it was clean.

Breakfast was okay - not a lot of options. kids missed the waffles.

Friendly front desk.

Wi-Fi was strong/no problems.

Close to UF campus and very convenient to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment regarding your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and I do apologize for the issues with the heater. I agree on the Waffles, they are a treat and I am sorry that they were not offered during your stay. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Gainesville. If I can be of any assistance to you on future reservations please feel free to contact me personally.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I had to stay for three nights while my 100-year-old house in town was fumigated for termites. I chose SpringHill Suites Gainesville because they are welcoming to pets: a one-time charge for my whole stay, and two cats. I also wanted free wi-fi because I had to do some work. I'm not a big fan of this kind of accommodation (I prefer hotels), but this was a great experience. Everyone who worked at the front desk was super-friendly and helpful (especially Tiffany). The complimentary breakfast was acceptable -- I've stayed at various "suites" places for business, and the breakfast at this one was better than most. The women taking care of the breakfast each day were also friendly and pleasant. Even the housekeeping staff were very especially nice and helpful.

Overall I would recommend this location to anyone, but especially to anyone traveling with pets. Oh, and the parking lot was full every night, even though it was spring break week for the university.

Compared to nearby "suites" places, this one is farther from I-75 and so it is probably quieter. Others are on the opposite side of the road, putting them right beside the highway. My room was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you and the members of your four legged family with a "Home away from Home" while the work was being done at your home. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team. If the need arises for accommodations in the future whether for yourself or someone visiting you please let me know and I would be happy to take care of your reservation needs personally.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights while visiting my son at UF. 5 minutes (no traffic) to the school and surrounded by many chain restaurants and mall type shopping. Staff was friendly, suite was perfect for my family of three (daughter slept on pull out) and I have no complaints. Elevators were very fast. Above average for the Springhill chain. Pool gets lot of sun in the morning but none in the afternoon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am glad to hear that our staff and suites met your expections and that you had an ejoyable stay while visiting your Son at UF. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Gainesville. if I can assist you in any way with your future reservation needs please contact me anytime.