“A truly uplifting experience”
Review of Canopy Climbers

Canopy Climbers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Before you contact us, please visit our website to learn about our tree-climbing events and instructional courses. After you have read over the information, you can book a climbing event by clicking any "BOOK NOW" button on the website. Please choose any available date and time slot. If the system does not let you book a particular date and time slot, that simply means it is already booked and/or not available. Please choose any other available date and time slot. Our minimum requirement is a 4-person event. Sorry, we cannot make any exceptions to this minimum requirement. You must pay the full amount upon booking an event. Booking an event is the only way to guarantee a date and time slot. Please note, Canopy Climbers is required to give our local municipalities (the owners of the beautiful local parks in which we climb) at least five (5) days notice to climb trees on premises. We cannot book a climb any sooner than that. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we must respectfully follow their rules. Please be advised that we cannot book events over the phone. However, feel free to email us with any other questions you may have. ABOUT US: Canopy Climbers is an award-winning, tree-climbing adventure and education company located in Gainesville, Florida. We guide people into the treetops using safe and sustainable arborist rope and saddle methods. We also provide tree-climbing courses, instruction and education for those who wish to safely climb trees on their own. Thank you for choosing Canopy Climbers for your next adventure.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My group of 4 could not have had a better time. Danny was well prepared which was reassuring for anyone with concerns about safety. He was patient with our very capable young boys. The equipment was new and well organized. I felt totally comfortable. Yet, there was excitement at our height, hanging upside down and being swung in wide arcs on the way down. Good snacks and plenty of water provided. One in our crew, said the treetops were "paradise" and wanted to come back for every day of his summer vacation.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 4 reviews
"teacher"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After climbing the beautiful Live Oak, Charlotte, I was ready to learn how to select trees, set up climbing systems, and climb all on my own. This meant a two day course known in tree vernacular as BTCC. The short story is the course was fantastic and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my very own climbing gear so I can climb one of the many trees I have been eying. Long version is day one works on the technical skills needed to climb and move around in the tree tops. The morning is learning what equipment is needed, throwing tag lines (with fun heckling when you are inevitably not very good at it initially) in more ways than you ever thought possible, getting your ropes into the tree, tying knots, and setting up systems in the tree. On day two we learned how to assess trees and then practiced, practiced, practiced.

By the end of the course I felt I had a thorough overview of tree climbing and the knowledge to go set up ropes all on my own. It was moderately physical but even better was the mental exercise involved. However, beware if you take this course: You will never look at trees the same!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our instructor (Danny Lyons) was fantastic! Everything was all prepped and ready by the time we had arrived, even brought snacks in case we were hungry. He went out of his way to teach us techniques on how to climb without using the foot loops! He made sure we were fully educated on the history behind "Charlotte" the live oak, and all other aspects of climbing. He showed us how he puts up the ropes, and he even let us rope swing for a bit! Definitely one of the best outdoor experiences I've been apart of. I highly recommend This activity to anyone! I really enjoyed the climb & look forward to doing it again in the future.

1  Thank Arti B
Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you enjoy nature you won't find a better adventure. At first you are thinking I'm going to do what to get to the top of this tree? And then you start climbing. I had concerns about how difficult it would be but you can go as fast or as slow as you like. Once you are in the canopy be prepared to have your mind blown. There is so much cool stuff happening up there! You will appreciate trees even more. Coming down out of the tree was the most fun. You slowly slide down and get to have a bunch of fun swinging around like a kid. Climbing trees was way more fun than I ever imagined it would be and Canopy Climbers makes you feel safe the entire time. If I could give it 100 stars I would!