“Educational and FUN!”

Canopy Climbers
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Gainesville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Before you contact us, please visit our website to learn about our tree-climbing events and instructional courses. After you have read over the information, you can book a climbing event by clicking any "BOOK NOW" button on the website. Please choose any available date and time slot. If the system does not let you book a particular date and time slot, that simply means it is already booked and/or not available. Please choose any other available date and time slot. Our minimum requirement is a 4-person event. Sorry, we cannot make any exceptions to this minimum requirement. You must pay the full amount upon booking an event. Booking an event is the only way to guarantee a date and time slot. Please note, Canopy Climbers is required to give our local municipalities (the owners of the beautiful local parks in which we climb) at least five (5) days notice to climb trees on premises. We cannot book a climb any sooner than that. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we must respectfully follow their rules. Please be advised that we cannot book events over the phone. However, feel free to email us with any other questions you may have. ABOUT US: Canopy Climbers is an award-winning, tree-climbing adventure and education company located in Gainesville, Florida. We guide people into the treetops using safe and sustainable arborist rope and saddle methods. We also provide tree-climbing courses, instruction and education for those who wish to safely climb trees on their own. Thank you for choosing Canopy Climbers for your next adventure.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

What an adventure!! I climbed with my 6yr old son and his 5yr old friend, we chose a guided climb so Danny (owner and instructor) could focus on teaching the kids and give them the extra attention they would need to get the hang of it. My son is a very curious person and had many many questions throughout for Danny, about all of the gear (how it worked and it's uses), the knots, the tree (what kind of bugs, how tall it was, how old), etc, Danny took the time to listen and answer each one and often added more detailed information then what was asked. He also gave a few demonstrations which was a fun way for us to learn more and see how things worked! Danny was super patient and encouraging and repeated instructions as many times as they needed him to. The location was beautiful and quiet, the tree (Charlotte) was tall and majestic. It was very exciting to discover and connect with nature from this new vantage point. We cannot wait to climb with Canopy Climbers again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Danny was an incredible teacher and facilitator. My boys (6 and 8) and I had an outstanding time. Danny's organization allows him to teach the climbing technique to all of us quickly and concisely which translates to more time up in the trees. Safety is paramount and Danny made sure all of us were reassured and well prepared for all of the fun. All around it was a morning of good fun and most of all it is was an unforgettable experience. I couldn't think of a better way to start our summer adventures!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Tree climbing is fast becoming my favorite outdoor activity! I have been tree climbing with Canopy Climbers 7 times now and I simply cannot get enough of this beautiful and unique way of connecting with nature. At first I wasn't sure what to expect on my canopy adventure but Danny Lyons, owner and instructor, went out of his way to make sure I was informed, comfortable, and safe when using his state of the art tree climbing techniques. It was easy and enjoyable to ascend into the trees and it felt great knowing that the equipment that Canopy Climbers uses in no way harms the trees! Super awesome!

While in the canopy of the Live Oaks we climbed, I was overwhelmed with the gorgeous views and I felt like a kid again. Observing the wildlife at those heights is so exciting. There is so much going on up there! Hanging out in the tree boat (an additional option I would sooo recommend), bat hangs, swinging, and the exhilarating "slackline" experience are a couple of my favorites. Eating lunch in the tree was the icing on the cake! You can truly do it all up there.

Tree climbing has opened my eyes to a whole new world of the outdoors. And its more fun and satisfying than I could have ever imagined! The friendly professionals at Canopy Climbers create an experience you are sure to never forget. This is an ABSOLUTE must do!!

I can't wait to plan another adventure and I'm taking my whole family next time!!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My group of 4 could not have had a better time. Danny was well prepared which was reassuring for anyone with concerns about safety. He was patient with our very capable young boys. The equipment was new and well organized. I felt totally comfortable. Yet, there was excitement at our height, hanging upside down and being swung in wide arcs on the way down. Good snacks and plenty of water provided. One in our crew, said the treetops were "paradise" and wanted to come back for every day of his summer vacation.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After climbing the beautiful Live Oak, Charlotte, I was ready to learn how to select trees, set up climbing systems, and climb all on my own. This meant a two day course known in tree vernacular as BTCC. The short story is the course was fantastic and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my very own climbing gear so I can climb one of the many trees I have been eying. Long version is day one works on the technical skills needed to climb and move around in the tree tops. The morning is learning what equipment is needed, throwing tag lines (with fun heckling when you are inevitably not very good at it initially) in more ways than you ever thought possible, getting your ropes into the tree, tying knots, and setting up systems in the tree. On day two we learned how to assess trees and then practiced, practiced, practiced.

By the end of the course I felt I had a thorough overview of tree climbing and the knowledge to go set up ropes all on my own. It was moderately physical but even better was the mental exercise involved. However, beware if you take this course: You will never look at trees the same!