“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Canopy Climbers

Canopy Climbers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Before you contact us, please visit our website to learn about our tree-climbing events and instructional courses. After you have read over the information, you can book a climbing event by clicking any "BOOK NOW" button on the website. Please choose any available date and time slot. If the system does not let you book a particular date and time slot, that simply means it is already booked and/or not available. Please choose any other available date and time slot. Our minimum requirement is a 4-person event. Sorry, we cannot make any exceptions to this minimum requirement. You must pay the full amount upon booking an event. Booking an event is the only way to guarantee a date and time slot. Please note, Canopy Climbers is required to give our local municipalities (the owners of the beautiful local parks in which we climb) at least five (5) days notice to climb trees on premises. We cannot book a climb any sooner than that. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we must respectfully follow their rules. Please be advised that we cannot book events over the phone. However, feel free to email us with any other questions you may have. ABOUT US: Canopy Climbers is an award-winning, tree-climbing adventure and education company located in Gainesville, Florida. We guide people into the treetops using safe and sustainable arborist rope and saddle methods. We also provide tree-climbing courses, instruction and education for those who wish to safely climb trees on their own. Thank you for choosing Canopy Climbers for your next adventure.
Eastsound, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our family had a fantastic time! Climbing the trees was a real adventure. My husband and I enjoyed it as much as our three kids. Danny was very professional, knowledgeable and fun. he was super prepared, even had an assortment of drinks and great snacks for us. It was the highlight of our trip to Florida. A unique, interesting activity and we learned a lot too!

Visited February 2014

Neptune Beach, Florida
“Educational and FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What an adventure!! I climbed with my 6yr old son and his 5yr old friend, we chose a guided climb so Danny (owner and instructor) could focus on teaching the kids and give them the extra attention they would need to get the hang of it. My son is a very curious person and had many many questions throughout for Danny, about all of the gear (how it worked and it's uses), the knots, the tree (what kind of bugs, how tall it was, how old), etc, Danny took the time to listen and answer each one and often added more detailed information then what was asked. He also gave a few demonstrations which was a fun way for us to learn more and see how things worked! Danny was super patient and encouraging and repeated instructions as many times as they needed him to. The location was beautiful and quiet, the tree (Charlotte) was tall and majestic. It was very exciting to discover and connect with nature from this new vantage point. We cannot wait to climb with Canopy Climbers again!

Gainesville, Florida
“Rookie tree climbers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Danny was an incredible teacher and facilitator. My boys (6 and 8) and I had an outstanding time. Danny's organization allows him to teach the climbing technique to all of us quickly and concisely which translates to more time up in the trees. Safety is paramount and Danny made sure all of us were reassured and well prepared for all of the fun. All around it was a morning of good fun and most of all it is was an unforgettable experience. I couldn't think of a better way to start our summer adventures!

Sarasota, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An ABSOLUTE must do if you are in the North Florida area!!! Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Tree climbing is fast becoming my favorite outdoor activity! I have been tree climbing with Canopy Climbers 7 times now and I simply cannot get enough of this beautiful and unique way of connecting with nature. At first I wasn't sure what to expect on my canopy adventure but Danny Lyons, owner and instructor, went out of his way to make sure I was informed, comfortable, and safe when using his state of the art tree climbing techniques. It was easy and enjoyable to ascend into the trees and it felt great knowing that the equipment that Canopy Climbers uses in no way harms the trees! Super awesome!

While in the canopy of the Live Oaks we climbed, I was overwhelmed with the gorgeous views and I felt like a kid again. Observing the wildlife at those heights is so exciting. There is so much going on up there! Hanging out in the tree boat (an additional option I would sooo recommend), bat hangs, swinging, and the exhilarating "slackline" experience are a couple of my favorites. Eating lunch in the tree was the icing on the cake! You can truly do it all up there.

Tree climbing has opened my eyes to a whole new world of the outdoors. And its more fun and satisfying than I could have ever imagined! The friendly professionals at Canopy Climbers create an experience you are sure to never forget. This is an ABSOLUTE must do!!

I can't wait to plan another adventure and I'm taking my whole family next time!!!

North Central Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A truly uplifting experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My group of 4 could not have had a better time. Danny was well prepared which was reassuring for anyone with concerns about safety. He was patient with our very capable young boys. The equipment was new and well organized. I felt totally comfortable. Yet, there was excitement at our height, hanging upside down and being swung in wide arcs on the way down. Good snacks and plenty of water provided. One in our crew, said the treetops were "paradise" and wanted to come back for every day of his summer vacation.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Been to Canopy Climbers? Share your experiences!