“Weeknight dinner”

Mildred's Big City Food
Reserve with OpenTable
Mildred's Big City Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 599 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 34th Street
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We arrived on a Monday night at 7:30 to dine w friends. We made reservations which were not needed. The place only had 1 other large table filled. Summer! We were allowed to bring in our own wine and WOW, told there was no corkage fee that evening! And we had 5 bottles!!!
Out table ordered everything from steak to fowl to fish. The food was fresh and good. I had the mountain trout which was excellent. Not fancy but fresh and a large portion. Don't miss the salads, they all got much praise! We shared 2deserts but after all the wine, I can't remember which two.
I do remember we all liked them. The staff was very friendly and efficient.
A very pleasant experience with good friends!

1  Thank Ken G

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I've eaten here several times. The staff is greats s the meals are always very good. However last week I a pompano dish that was great. One of the best pieces of fish I have ever eaten. Good Gin selection too.

1  Thank shoeboxrick
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My friends and I eat here every week b/c the produce is organic, fresh, delicious, and served beautifully. Service is friendly. Salads are marvelous, especially the calamari; soups are beyond great. Anything you order will be terrific!

2  Thank DrPam32605
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Love this place for both lunch and dinner. The food is wonderful. Everything fresh. The desserts will make your mouth water just looking at them. Everything here is wonderful

Reviewed 5 January 2013

although small the atmosphere is romantic and calming. the selection of wines is really full and the food is fantastic. the prices are more moderate to high, the service is really good. ample parking as well