“Vastly under-rated”

Mildred's Big City Food
Reserve with OpenTable
Mildred's Big City Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 567 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 34th Street
Windsor, Canada
“Vastly under-rated”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

For many years Mildred's has been our go-to restaurant when we visited our son who is a graduate student at the University. I was shocked last week when we were in Gainesville and saw that Mildred's was rated 47th. Nevertheless, we went there one evening and was glad to find that Mildred's is still one of the best restaurants in town. The menu is innovative,the wine list is superb and they make great martinis with blue-cheese stuffed olives. The desserts, featured in a counter at the front of the restaurant, are incredible. I usually rely on Trip Advisor for restaurant ratings but in this case they are unreliable.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Allen S

Key Largo
“Weeknight dinner”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We arrived on a Monday night at 7:30 to dine w friends. We made reservations which were not needed. The place only had 1 other large table filled. Summer! We were allowed to bring in our own wine and WOW, told there was no corkage fee that evening! And we had 5 bottles!!!
Out table ordered everything from steak to fowl to fish. The food was fresh and good. I had the mountain trout which was excellent. Not fancy but fresh and a large portion. Don't miss the salads, they all got much praise! We shared 2deserts but after all the wine, I can't remember which two.
I do remember we all liked them. The staff was very friendly and efficient.
A very pleasant experience with good friends!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ken G
Melbourne, Florida
“Great Fish”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I've eaten here several times. The staff is greats s the meals are always very good. However last week I a pompano dish that was great. One of the best pieces of fish I have ever eaten. Good Gin selection too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank shoeboxrick
Gainesville, Florida
“Top of the line”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My friends and I eat here every week b/c the produce is organic, fresh, delicious, and served beautifully. Service is friendly. Salads are marvelous, especially the calamari; soups are beyond great. Anything you order will be terrific!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank DrPam32605
Florida
“Great upscale restaurant”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Love this place for both lunch and dinner. The food is wonderful. Everything fresh. The desserts will make your mouth water just looking at them. Everything here is wonderful

Visited November 2012